• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Alex's 88 760GLE

I love the top pic, it looks good, even if it's totally impractical.

That pic on the country road isn't Bulban Road near Werribee by any chance? The trim panel between the tail lights makes the car look better, I'm glad mine came with one.

I love the indicator, very TB :rofl:

I wouldn't trust king springs on a big volvo.. I mean maybe a 240 but never a 7/9/8, there is just something not right about it, to heavy, to much bodyroll maybe. I think the rates are far to soft. I used to have that Ford Fairmont, ultra lows in the back and it went down a similar amount under load :omg: scary stuff.

It went down because they are shorter by 30mm then what they recommend and they don't sell lows for the IRS as it can't correct the camber, keep in mind the stock springs are jsut there to sorta hold the body and the Nivomats do the work, but I got rid of them.

But the king springs are just fine, 160lb's in the front and I'll be going stiffer in the rear, ordered the new springs which are far cheaper then what these cost me. Lots of Aussies use them as they are local and cheapish and good quality, the fronts I like, just yeah they haven't put much effort into the rear ones. And remember is has Bilstien HD's.

My 760 is maybe 150kg's heavier then the 264 was, so they aren't that much heavier either. Very little bodyroll as well compared to even new cars.

And yeah it that road I believe, after the racecourse, the indicator fell off while I did a slight speed run on there. Didn't go that fast really either.

With that weight in the boot I think most of the rear of the car scrapes the bottom of the driveway, but only on the rear.

Yeah i think its only the rear i would worry about, the front seems fine and there wouldn't be much difference between that and a 264 its the just the rear I am wary of, I think its just because all irs's i've seen with binned nivo put extra pressure on the springs. how much did you get the bils for? I bet they make one hell of a difference! haha. whenever i do shocks i try to do it right, it makes the suspension combo. i remember my golf was so bouncy :-P blown boge's ftw

Heh, they cost a bit under $700 with postage at the time, almost half of it was postage somehow. annoyingly.

The difference of the handling between this car stock and my 264 is comparing a hovercraft to a boat, so much body roll at speeds the stock suspensions didn't roll at on the 760, and with the stiffer suspension it will go through corners three times faster then what my 264 would. If not faster when I put some wider tyres on. Doesn't understeer like the 264 did doing a fast U turn at all, but that could be because of the 205/60's I had on there and this has 195/60's...

mm yeah not much difference between 195 and 205, you'd notice a tyre brand change more than going from a 205 to a 195. postage sucks. 2 thirds of my coilover sleeves was postage. they dont ask first either! which is crazy, its like being yeah i'll buy that house then the realter charging whatever comission they like.

Fitted my S90 door handles which I bought off here before I had the car, repainted them from blue to white, using heaps of white spray cans which were meant to be factory colour, then lacquered them with 4-5 coats.
09082008001oq4.jpg

09082008003rd5.jpg

10082008kj4.jpg

10082008001cc4.jpg

Also decided that I will be getting some Volvo steelies widened to 7's or 7.5's and using them for DD, and probably use Hydra's for other things, also getting another 16" rim that needs to be repaired, not sure on their future either.

any updates matey...? loving the clean look so far..

are the seats out of a 850..? how do u thinkin it would fit into a 240...?
(my old man has a 850 with a blown motor and said i could have it for $200 thinking of geting it and changing all my interior to 850 black leather...)

Updates? nothing to update since last week :p Still need to get around to fitting my braided lines and working out why the passenger side rear door won't open, associated with changing the handles and fitting my side indicators.

Nah my seats are out of a 940 as it says in my sig :p, but 850 seats do fit in a 240, there's a thread or two about it. I say do it cos they are very similar and so comfy.

Updates? nothing to update since last week :p Still need to get around to fitting my braided lines and working out why the passenger side rear door won't open, associated with changing the handles and fitting my side indicators.

Nah my seats are out of a 940 as it says in my sig :p, but 850 seats do fit in a 240, there's a thread or two about it. I say do it cos they are very similar and so comfy.

p9050033ho1.jpg

16x7's, need to be cleaned up heaps, but probably won't end up on there.

Whacked these on because I'm chasing a vibration on the front passenger side wheel, which happens mostly when braking, gets really bad, but it's not the rims causing it...

Taking em off and sticking back the stock rims with 195's as the 205's do feel looser, and going to get another two or 4 even and have some 15x7 or 8's...
p9050038du8.jpg

p9050040wi6.jpg

Feeling it when I spin it around they seem fine, I'm thinking it's my wheel bearings sadly.

Can't leave em on there till I have 4 of them though.

Did them already, I know what that feels like, lifting it up and shaking every backwards and froward and such, only the wheel moves. But I'll go down to the wreckers and get the bearings and rebuild them.

Pics of my new muffler I'm having fitted tommorow!

18102008003za9.jpg

18102008002mo2.jpg

This is to replace nothing because I cut the hotdog I had off it due to where it was welded for the mount breaking.

$80 for this, pretty awesome IMO.

Doing it properly this time.

Headlight wipers are pretty pointless here, it never snows and the roads aren't dirty enough for the headlights to need regular cleaning.
Not always, I once drove Sydney -> Brisbane through the night, got to Brisbane and the front of my 740 was literally plastered with dead bugs, except my headlights which were kept clean by those headlight wipers!

Back