• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 91 244

tried starting it and it kept catching and stopping the starter. finally i let of the key at the right time and the intake became the exhaust and vise versa.

fun stuff.

Tonight i just got it to fire in the correct direction, but the timing is so out of wack it wont stay running for more then a second.

Last edited:
tried starting it and it kept catching and stopping the starter. finally i let of the key at the right time and the intake became the exhaust and vise versa.

fun stuff.

Tonight i just got it to fire in the correct direction, but the timing is so out of wack it wont stay running for more then a second.

Yeah, there is definitely a timing issue there ripper. ;-)

I will, its a GM alt 105 amp, the only thing im worred about is if i can use two belts for the alt, its not looking that way unless i cut the timeing bump out of the timing cover

What alt. did you use? Ive been thru a few chevy alts and havent found the right one. I have a Ford Tarus alt now, but the wiring is gay, i had to modify the wiring. Something is still not right because the battery light comes on with the key off, it drains the battery. I have to unhook the ground everytime the car is parked. lol

What alt. did you use? Ive been thru a few chevy alts and havent found the right one. I have a Ford Tarus alt now, but the wiring is gay, i had to modify the wiring. Something is still not right because the battery light comes on with the key off, it drains the battery. I have to unhook the ground everytime the car is parked. lol

it was one from a cavalier i think, late 80s

It needs to have a mount thats further from the braket, that way the fan wont hit the bracket.

244.jpg

recent picture from today

did you put those wore out GT seats in while the car was down? I really need to get out there sometime. I quit my job and am working overnights again, but I need to plan something. The 245 is still down with rear suspension needs, but this motivates to get it together.

did you put those wore out GT seats in while the car was down? I really need to get out there sometime. I quit my job and am working overnights again, but I need to plan something. The 245 is still down with rear suspension needs, but this motivates to get it together.

No i put them in the 242turbo then i sold it.

Sucks your working nights, bet your always tired or always wired eh?

Whats left on the 245? need a hand?

And i figured the alt prob out thanks to Mike and Doug K and Nick.

all i need now is to wire up the ect sensor and the o2

PS: we need a volvo meet

Last edited:
Back