• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

850 T10 Kompressor

Unless it's submitted for a full engineers inspection/report/sign-off and re-plated as a Q car, this is illegal to drive on the public highway- this is going to be track only I suspect, it'll traverse the road network on a trailer.

The car will be submitted to a iva test as soon as it's all finished, it retains enough of the original car to keep it's original registration plate, although it wouldn't bother me in the least if it had a Q plate, I have no intention of trailering the car to the track.

Nice to see the ambition - just to give you a bit of motivation I'll donate ?100 to the charity of your choice when this passes the IVA and has a V5 that reflects it's configuration.

I would be willing to bet that F-Body monster truck is a few orders of magnitude more safe to drive on public highways than this 850.
But these pictures give me anxiety.
Anywhoooo, props to op for ambition.

You kidding me? This 850 uses a factory subframe-motor-transmission setup and fits it in the back. That truck uses tractor parts and second hand missiles, welded up by drunk rednecks. I'd go for the 850 T10 all day long where safety is concerned. At least it will go, turn, and stop correctly. That truck is just waiting to throw a leaf spring through someones house.

The only real problem I see with the 850 is in a front end collision. That rear motor might end up in the drivers seat. But we don't build them to crash now do we.

You kidding me? This 850 uses a factory subframe-motor-transmission setup and fits it in the back. That truck uses tractor parts and second hand missiles, welded up by drunk rednecks. I'd go for the 850 T10 all day long where safety is concerned. At least it will go, turn, and stop correctly. That truck is just waiting to throw a leaf spring through someones house.

The only real problem I see with the 850 is in a front end collision. That rear motor might end up in the drivers seat. But we don't build them to crash now do we.

You have to remember, it still has a long way to go, I haven't even started on the cage and bulkhead yet

Maybe you don't. At least for me, it took seeing my friend screw up on a country road and roll his car a few times right in front of me to think about those things.

I have ridden motorcycles since I was about 10. I have always tried to make my own "safety" without relying on others to be safe around me. Its just the mindset I have. To me, a fast car that handles and stops is way "safer" than a pig-slow econo box with a 5 star crash rating.

I have ridden motorcycles since I was about 10. I have always tried to make my own "safety" without relying on others to be safe around me. Its just the mindset I have. To me, a fast car that handles and stops is way "safer" than a pig-slow econo box with a 5 star crash rating.

I like the way you think. I'd take good handling/brakes/ample power over airbags/sensors/crumple zones.

After reading the first post and reactions I was amazed this went on so long so I skipped from page 1 to 9, and was confused about the T-10 comments but was happy the OP was at least doing something.

Then I hopped back to page 5 and understood that T-10 was literally because there are 10 cylinders in this car.

Well done Claymore, pretty much completely awesome.

Back