• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Porsche/Audi Diverter Valve

Homer

OEMplus++
300+ Club
Installed a few weeks ago, I finally took some pics. Shifts are amazing, idle is so solid. I don't miss my BOV.
IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0663.JPG

They are nice until you start pushing 15+ PSI then they flutter like mad. Mine was super smooth and always worked well with no flutter on my stock T3 even up to 15 PSI. Didn't like my T3/T4 hybrid though.

Last edited:
Better yet, forge makes a drop-in replacement that's great for 1 bar+ applications, it's only ~$100 too iirc and you get a few different springs etc.

I got one for my car after the diaphragm went on my stock bosch diverter

bypass valve

I used to use that one. If failed on me so I bought the SaaB direct replacement version made by Forge. It's not the rebuildable one but it is the next level with a piston and seal instead of the diaphragm style.

I've been wanting to get the turbosmart plumb back valve for my turbo car. would be able to choose between BOV/CBV type set up.

cbv

No. I know I want the faster diaphragm type.
I was asking what psi dave's failed at.

It gave a good service life of a couple of years running 12-13psi. I think it failed due to my kjet not having a path to shoot the air directly to the turbo inlet. My air return is a bit further away. With wide open throttle and low boost like 6psi it works great. But in the area from around 8-10psi or so I get a backfire out the tailpipe which I think is caused by the airflow reversing and popping the air flow sensor closed. That may also have affected the cbv. When it failed it had a punctured diaphragm causing idle vacuum to go up to around 4in hg. So I bought the Forge stock Saab replacement which is a sealed version for around $90 a few years ago. I think you'll be fine and for the price the Porsche/Audi one is worth using.

I've used the original all rubber unit for a year or so without failure. Upgraded to the brass insert Porsche/Audi unit which lasted for a couple of years. Then I bought the Forge Saab replacement unit which is about 3 years old now.

forge 007>>>>>>>710n, or whatever yours it

They're good for like infinity psi. no failures!
Based on budget and current setup, the 710n best suited me. If I was running higher psi, forge is where its at.
It gave a good service life of a couple of years running 12-13psi. I think it failed due to my kjet not having a path to shoot the air directly to the turbo inlet. My air return is a bit further away. With wide open throttle and low boost like 6psi it works great. But in the area from around 8-10psi or so I get a backfire out the tailpipe which I think is caused by the airflow reversing and popping the air flow sensor closed. That may also have affected the cbv. When it failed it had a punctured diaphragm causing idle vacuum to go up to around 4in hg. So I bought the Forge stock Saab replacement which is a sealed version for around $90 a few years ago. I think you'll be fine and for the price the Porsche/Audi one is worth using.

I've used the original all rubber unit for a year or so without failure. Upgraded to the brass insert Porsche/Audi unit which lasted for a couple of years. Then I bought the Forge Saab replacement unit which is about 3 years old now.

Good to hear.

I'm tempted to use one of these in future, I have like 15+ of the Saab brass piston type sitting in my shed doing nothing, so if they start failing I won't run out of them for a while, and they only take 5 minutes to replace.

Turbosmart make this replacement:

http://www.turbosmartonline.com/index.php?id=44

Unfortunately their pics seem to be down at the moment! It's similar to the Forge valve, but adjustable with a knob.

then they were not properly lubricated or something.

007 cant fail, its like.... not possible.
And as I said, I had a nice shiny 710n, it failed after like 300 miles

Back