• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Arse end skipping

Went to PnP yesterday got a new front bumper and while I was looking around I got all exited for nothing. I thought I seen a blue sway bar under the rear of a 940 wagon. My first thought was an IPD sway bar so either a 125 dollar profit or savings, but it turns out it just had a spot of blue that rubbed right off. But my question is, wouldn't the stock one still be beneficial to my car since I don't even have one?

Went to PnP yesterday got a new front bumper and while I was looking around I got all exited for nothing. I thought I seen a blue sway bar under the rear of a 940 wagon. My first thought was an IPD sway bar so either a 125 dollar profit or savings, but it turns out it just had a spot of blue that rubbed right off. But my question is, wouldn't the stock one still be beneficial to my car since I don't even have one?

Generally no it won't on a wagon.
That's why Volvo didn't put one on the 700-900 wagons.
If you get an IPD front bar then a stock rear bar would be beneficial.

Well I finally figured out the what was causing the skipping problem. Bad rear strut. It finally went out on me and now it makes freeway trips like an offroad race. With the strut finally blowing the skipping has been like crazy. Even on a straight away the rear will get out a little sideways. Not to bad but I feel. The jounce test on the rear is just funny as hell. Using my foot I stomp down on the rear passenger bumper and I get 6-7 bounces out of it. So now is the excuse I've been needing to upgrade to the Bilstien HD's in the rear.

I thought the stock bar really helped my wagon, but I kept the IPD one after I stepped up to that.
Rear IPD bar kind of wants stiffer front springs, but is also good for heavy loads.

Back