• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Skunk's 142e Project Thread

not sure yet, I'm on the fence.

I haven't drove it very much other than a little bit around town so I'm not sure if it's ready for a 2+hr drive down to the Bay.

join the caravan. If it breaks (what can break on that?) you will have tons of help. I would even drive out to help if you broke on the way.

Do you guys see any issue with cutting down the front bump stops? I just noticed that I'm pretty much riding on them yet I have plenty more shock travel left.

You can cut the bumps but the -if old- control arm bushings aren't going to like the new angles of the A-arms.

cmunkee made my adjustable panhard rod for me did a real nice job and it came with superpro poly bushings installed. Very reasonable price also. Stoped my lowered car from crabbing down the road. I realy do need to start a project thread on my car someday.
Good luck these are usable everyday classic cars. That are so much fun to drive
Eric

For the panhard I'll likely just fab one myself. Pretty simple project....Thanks and yes, start a thread. IMO there really isn't enough info on these cars online.

Here is a pic of the bumpstop.
4840625245_fd63646080_b.jpg

and a couple others I snapped on my way to the gas station. I'm not sure what fuel was in it but it runs much better with 91 octane.
4841237358_e0d77244d4_b.jpg

4841237250_eec6eb4f78_b.jpg

4840625105_616cd39646_b.jpg

Last edited:
Do the poly, you won't regret it.

:oogle:

ordered the PerTronix Electronic Ignition upgrade this morning.

When it's warm it has a miss, I'm hoping this will eliminate the problem.

I'm also going to adjust the valves and put new plugs in. The wires, cap and rotor look fairly new.

I scored a new gauge cluster from a manual 144 at the pnp a while back that I just got cleaned up and plugged in. Good news, I now have a working temp sensor however it seems the auto cars were not wired for a tach so I need to run a signal wire.

Do you have everything you need to swap in the manual trans? I might have a spare flywheel here...wait. Yours is a 73, it's probably the 8-bolt crank. Well, at least you'll be able to use any flat flywheel from any B20/21/23! :)

...it seems the auto cars were not wired for a tach so I need to run a signal wire.
My '71 wasn't wired for a tach either, and it's an M41 car. :e-shrug: I just ran a wire from the neg side of the coil in through the firewall with the rest of the wiring harness and ran it to the tach I installed.

73 is a 6-bolt crank. A small number of 74s supposedly; and ought to be all 75s had the eight.
My 74 didn't, and I have a SAE 75 block with a 6... Go figure.

Unless someone put in an AW70/71, you never had a 4th gear to lose.
I got a free 142 that way once. "It revs so high on the freeway, I think the transmission is broken."
FTW.

It's a 6 bolt crank, I have most of the parts with exception of a seal, clutch cable and some new u-joints. That's crazy if its really supposed to be a 3 speed since its in that 3rd gear at 30mph.

Ha ha. Yeah.
It's out of first pretty much as soon as your foot is off the brake.
You can play with the kickdown adjustment so it stays in 2nd longer. Citroen SMs have the same BW35. Neither motor really minds seeing 5500k at a shift...

It's a 6 bolt crank, I have most of the parts with exception of a seal, clutch cable and some new u-joints. That's crazy if its really supposed to be a 3 speed since its in that 3rd gear at 30mph.
:e-shrug:
At least you have 410's not the 430's of the earlier cars.

Floor it.
2 --> 3 shift should be 55 mph unless you have short tires on it.

Back