• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Finally...Gary's 74 144

Excellent work, can't wait to get my megasquirt running on a B230 in my 142. Still finishing the install then using the D-jet injectors with the Datsun FPR, 55lb injectors should be plenty for 300HP. Just keep her going that what I'm trying to do.

Stock d-jet stuff is only 42-43# at 3-bar. Should be at it's limit for 300, but it'll work. I think right now mine will go as much as about 50-55% duty cycle at any given point, with the datsun regulator. I'm kinda trying to brush up on my tuning so I can have a shorter learning curve when I get enough time to set up the MS box on the wagon finally. Still gotta play with spark tables though...

Stock d-jet stuff is only 42-43# at 3-bar.

Had my flow tested and cleaned(Bosch part# 0 280 150 036), came out to 95cc in a 10 second static test, which is 570cc/min or 55lb/hr at 43.5 psi. I can copy the results if interested.

Yeah tuning spark was tricky, but was always amazed at the results after an evening of tuning. Usually did a few runs w/ some fuel map tuning, would alter the spark in a few places and then let the fuel sort itself back out and so it again.

I'm waiting on my CAS adapter but I was able to get some rpm signals with the sensor on the bench. I always used your car a gauge for how to make my 142 look good.

Nice! I have heard that from a few people, and it's rather humbling actually, knowing it has that power. Never intended for it to, nor figured it would, it just kinda happened.

Interesting on the injectors. I had my 036's cleaned as well and they came in much lower, I wanna say around 480cc or so, which is right about spec. Strange, but hey, if they are even, awesome!

Stay tuned for an update guys. Finally had some time to work on it a little, got something really cool coming up, involving prototype part testing, cool bling factor, and more power. I even remembered to take pic's along the way. :-P

Hi Garrry!!!

I like your car... and i look forward to seeing what you have hidden up your sleeve!

Yeah, well, once it's buttoned up and ready for the weekend, I'll post pic's and details. The hard part is done, just got the finishing touches. Got the last of it figured out and happy tonight. Good times!

So, finally time for that update...

The car is FINALLY up on spark control! A HUGE thanks to gross polluter for adding in the needed BIP's to the MS box and also to Josh at Yoshifab for the VERY nicely built adapter for the CAS. Between the work done by each of those, just the wiring and a minor glitch that was discovered were all relatively easy to swap to. With the addition of this setup, I've got a base timing map on it, but will be headed for a couple hours of dyno time in the next few weeks. :)

And now for the pic's!

I56JBRxl.jpg

Nit0pHSl.jpg

JAoKlgdl.jpg

BCvX758l.jpg

tNAnXZGl.jpg

chdiVXwl.jpg

Last edited:
Yup, probably won't go sequential on this car. Seems to run solid as is, don't feel like setting up individual drivers and such.

Interestingly, the swap to wasted spark has cured the random stumble cruising on the freeway as well. Drove to Davis and back, didn't stumble AT ALL!

Dyno time this week possibly. :)

Finally hit up the dyno today. Needed some light fuel tuning, spark map was pretty spot-on for WOT runs, didn't play with the moderate throttle runs. This was actually running on the same tune that Kenny did up for dhalillama's car. Played with it up and down a little, I'd either gain torque or hp at the expense of the other.

Final run was 120/120 at the wheels. I lightly tweaked the dip a little after my dyno time was up, along with some 20-80kpa tuning, AE tuning, etc. so it actually idles solid, AE seems pretty happy, rev's nicely, cruise afr's are reasonably stable even. Might try kicking ego correction on one of these days as well. Seeing the last pull, 13.0 seems to be the sweet spot, so I may play with that and see if it picks up just a little on the butt-dyno. Woulda tried on the actual dyno but I was outa time and they were already hanging out a little late for me.

Last edited:
When I come up to visit I can help you get it dialed in a bit further, but the numbers look good!
I would flatten out the AFR, then work on the timing. So many NA motors are way conservative on the timing and throttle response, mileage suffer. I have a couple det-cans built that you can use too.

Back