• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Main Pump Delete (Post Walbro!)

Alright, I've got a few questions. I'm trying to do this on my own. And it's all cloudy to me.

I went to the hardware store today, there were no 5/16 fittings. I got a 3/8 and a 1/2 and joined them with a bushing. It looks like this.
IMG00139.jpg

Would this work? These are all probably dumb questions, and maybe someone understand what I'm saying?

Last edited:
so i have a few questions.

i dropped the cage and removed the old fuel pump. the filter i have on there is relativly new (last owner changed it right before i bought the car.) but the fitting that comes out of both ends of the fuel filter is too small - it's not 3/8. how do i go about replacing a fuel filter that will fit?

Holy revival!

Umm your question is a little convoluted, you want to replace a relatively new filter because the current one(which is new) has smaller fittings that work with the car?

Some like to comment without having read s***. Yea it's a thread about either, having* to switch to only the intank or *wanting to out of financial or testing purposes. Read before you speak people it's not hard.

Anyhow, I'm about to switch to a walbro,on my 88 745 w/m47 and delete the inline much like many others have shown, I'm broke and that's all I can afford or want to spend. I'll be changing the lines from the tank to filter and leave the annoyingly brittle vinyl line to the rail. My new question is, I want to run new hi pressure rubber fuel line from the outside nipple of the sender but on my car it has that s***ty quick release hose. How do i attach a new line to that? Is there enough meat to trim the quick release part off the nipple, and just clamp new fuel line to the remaining, part? Thanks

Back