• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1+1=245

I haven't had the time to work on the car much. I got way too many projects going on at once and keep starting new ones without finishing the others:pow:

I installed IPDs braided SS lines this weekend. I didn't notice much difference (unlike my other cars that have SS lines) but some of the old rubber was cracking.
60_zps3qrhmuwn.jpg

61_zpscmqje5ow.jpg

I also acquired two map reading lights. One is missing the switch (it was gift via "prof" :cool:) and the other is missing the light shade. I got an original switch coming new from UK. I got 3 coming in case anyone needs one. Does anyone know where to get another shade?
I will install both lamps. One will go on the passenger front side and the other will go either to the 3rd seat or the "middle" row
62_zpsjb7mfvdf.jpg

Last edited:
I want a ride in your 245
let me know when you are in these parts I'm usually always home
I cant take it off road for another 200 miles since i recently replaced spider gears (500 easy miles is what is recommended)
also at some point I'm taking the front end off apart for some maintenance.
- take stuff to powder coating
- replace heims
- repack front hubs.
- put zerk fittings to lube the poly bushings without taking the control arms off (it sounds like a used mattress going down the road)

Good stuff so far, I have two of those Bentley lights as well, both with the switch on different sides. I am missing the spacer and some of the hardware, do you have any of the hardware or mounting brakets?

I think I was told a rubber gasket/spacer..... looks like it might be what you have! Shoot, do you have a way of accurately recording the dimensions of those parts, I want to make them for mine since I think it's unlikely I'd be able to find two sets of hardware (even one at that). Nice stuff, btw, they will be a sweet addition once installed!

I think I was told a rubber gasket/spacer..... looks like it might be what you have! Shoot, do you have a way of accurately recording the dimensions of those parts, I want to make them for mine since I think it's unlikely I'd be able to find two sets of hardware (even one at that). Nice stuff, btw, they will be a sweet addition once installed!

It should be easy to make... The white part is made of cheap thin plastic. You can cut it with scissors. The rubber part is very crude but should also be easy to make. The clip is what you really need - you can get that at Home Depot

Any suggestions on how to measure it accurately other then a ruler (I don't have access to a laser scanner)

I just got done with putting in power mirror switches in the dash. Per installation instructions this is the alternative option but I made them fit into one spot instead of two
img8141f.jpg

picture of the current set up - last two switch spaces are reserved for fog switch and evacuation fan switch (same as regular fan switch)
2_zpsgvt8obfl.jpg

next pictures show why I switched to the new rear window gasket - I still need to replace the passenger side
3_zpsgstrokok.jpg

img8144c.jpg

car that got me into Volvos. 97 GLT - It was stock when I got it in 2002 or 03
img8145s.jpg

I picked these up from an E21 (first 3 series BMW)
4_zpsmi0grado.jpg

they are 7" wide by 3" deep by 3 1/2" tall plus bracket. I would like to install these but not sure if they are close to the same size as ones from "volvo"
for those who need the installation instructions - shows where exactly to mount them
Also does anyone know if a relay from a 740 is the same as 240s?

Last edited:
It should be easy to make... The white part is made of cheap thin plastic. You can cut it with scissors. The rubber part is very crude but should also be easy to make. The clip is what you really need - you can get that at Home Depot

Any suggestions on how to measure it accurately other then a ruler (I don't have access to a laser scanner)

Gotcha, thought it was metal, looks metal at least. Good to know its soft material.

Did the rest of the car have that trim around on the bottom of the windows? I have only ever seen one 245 with it and I tried to pull it from the car but it seemed to bend when I tried to take it off, how do you get it off, is it glued/adhesive. Is it a factory option or something aftermarket?

I think it only came on 240 for one or two years. Yeah it had it all around. the rears you have to remove the window inorder to get it. Not only is it glued with double tape but also riveted with 3 or 4 rivets under the glass seal.
The dude with the bagged blue 245 has this "poop" on his also

update - "new" wheels
5_zpsdeqlchdu.jpg

Last edited:
I like your 245. Looks like it's been fun so far and a good cost effective build. Keep it up.

Seeing the mustard yellow parts car made me think I would have shed a tear if it had been a 242 vs a 244; it looked super clean.

How did you convert the rear cargo floor to a late model version? I know it is the same size, but there seems to be a few areas that don't fit. did you cut the corners of of the late model floor?

Any pictures of the floor.

Nice build. You are making some good upgrades.

Thanks everyone

kammer: good eye
Yes I did. The only place that it does not fit is next to the tail gate
I first pealed the carpet and off in the area where it needed to be trimmed. rough cut with a saw and finished with a sander to make it work/look right.

Then I just stapled the carpet to the bottom and trimmed the excess. Also used a little bit of 3m glue.

6_zpsjuewwqw4.jpg

7_zps6kj7pyvd.jpg

side note: i have a ton of parts that need to be installed.
r sport cluster
3 map lights
25mm rear bar
poly bushings
self adjusting 3rd seat seat-belts
fogs
power windows

lower tie bars - installed last night
8_zps44mqsdpe.jpg

9_zpsfly249qb.jpg

Last edited:
Back