• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

My recently balanced driveshaft has turned my former slight shimmy into a paint mixer level shake at certain rpms, so I'm out too I'm afraid.

M.

howdy folks

I was wondering if anyone has a b230 short block or even just casting laying around that they'd be wanting to get rid of??

I have a small block Chevy that comes with a Volvo and a six speed transmission...
:-P

Did you get the clutch installed?

M.

Should be stripping a 1990 244 this coming Sunday - keeps getting delayed but I am hopeful it will happen this time - let me know if you might want the short block from this car -pretty sure we will not keep it after removing the head, water pump, etc.

oh now don't you tempt me mark haha

and not yet maxing I've been gone most of the summer so have t really had time, and I recently aquire a aq171 with a blown water jacket in cylinder 3 so [I'm trying to get another b230 block to build so i can do a "quick" motor swap and go from 2.3 NA 8v to 2.5 NA ported 16v

oh and if anyone has any shops theyd recommend for a port job let me know, and im definetly interested in the short block from the 244

thanks folks

I have a small block Chevy that comes with a Volvo and a six speed transmission...
:-P

Did you get the clutch installed?

M.

Last edited:
"
Rain or Shine, 4141 Dollarton Highway, North Vancouver, B.C. 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Bring a picnic lunch! No BBQ this year! Shine up the Volvo and bring the family.
There will be lots of raffle prizes. There will be dash plaques and trophies for the Peoples Choice, Runner Up & Modified."

If we want to meet up somewhere before that's on the way, maybe burble our way through the cassiar tunnel, like last time. Didn't we meet at your work last time AJ?

I've never managed to make it to this, so this could be the year. I could either be Volvo compliant in the slightly shabby V70, or hope that the Peugeot is brick-ish enough that nobody notices. Besides, the non-diesel versions did have Volvo content via the PRV V6.

Back