• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Serpentine Belt in 240

I see this pop up from time to time but I don’t understand what the benefit is? One belt instead of four? Beyond that I don’t really see how it’s better.

I see this pop up from time to time but I don?t understand what the benefit is? One belt instead of four? Beyond that I don?t really see how it?s better.

I think there is a general sex appeal as well as it being more quiet than the v belt configuration. I know it?s been stated how to remedy the squeaks, but then sex appeal 🤪

Easy of changing, better alternator geometry(more power less squeak), and well I just like once single belt that I can change in 30 seconds like most modern cars. The ford 3g alternator is great. I've swapped them into many things. Would like to do one of my 240s as well.

Easy of changing, better alternator geometry(more power less squeak), and well I just like once single belt that I can change in 30 seconds like most modern cars. The ford 3g alternator is great. I've swapped them into many things. Would like to do one of my 240s as well.

On the other hand, when it snaps you have nothing left.
With 4 belts one can snap and you are stil able to drive the car, hmmm

On the other hand, when it snaps you have nothing left.
With 4 belts one can snap and you are stil able to drive the car, hmmm

If that?s a concern the same could be accomplished with Ford ranger pulleys and a 130 amp ford alternator and 2 separate belts.

Back