• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr.Borrie?s 242 LPG turbo project.

Not that difficult, we have enough Polish people here.

:lol:

Thanks!

nice!

will test your JAW this weekend, too late back from 'work' every day to test it earlier.

Thanks JW, JAQ will be nice for in my 360 to adjust. might also install in in this 242 for adjusting. Meanwhile i removed the old LPG system and cleaned the enginebay manually.

img3518x.jpg

Also removed the frontbumper and testfitted the bodykit front bumper. I was not sure but now it was on i'm sure it will look mean once restored and made to fit. bumper sticks out too much, does the newer model 240 use shorter shocks i could use on this model?

img3521c.jpg

Came home today after work when my dad told be he has been working on the 242!
Thanks dad!
Some parts he could not reach so i will have to do that with a dremel or a "vingervijl" not sure what the english deff is

img3532vx.jpg

img3531j.jpg

img3530d.jpg

He also got me this part to cut of the EGR on the exhaust manifold side ^^

img3533rg.jpg

Did i just dented seal?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AMD2TwRvuoU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I used a piece of wood and a hammer to tap it into the casing. but apparently i dented it.
Seem to install well and shut off but i'm not sure if it's "ok"
It seems when in doubt replace but i thought i asked anyway

img3540q.jpg

img3538ge.jpg

Got some new engine mounts, rear main sail and intake manifold gasket for when i have to move it to drill holes in it.

Also got both trannys inside now. the BW55 and the AW71L.
Already parted a BW55 a while ago to put on the 144 (kept the tail)

But this got me thinking.. The 240 had at one point a electronic KM gauage. what would be involved in swapping to electronic and not swap the tails of the BW55 on the AW71L?

Some wiring, a KM gauge that works with it and the rear axle box of a later 240? prob allot of work for nothing but i'd like to know whats involved with this.

img3551x.jpg

img3550p.jpg

img3549q.jpg

img3548k.jpg

Nice job there! Looking forward to seeing how the lpg runs with a turbo engine. I like the heated work space. Sure wish I had that here.

Yeah thats sort of the old dinner room adjacent to the garden.. happy parents i haz not

Last edited:
Did some research today on the swapping of the tails VS the swap of the rear axle.
I'll be going for the swapping of the rear axle and converting the cluster from cable to electronic.
Found a complete +86 rear axle with everything on it plus a cluster that goes with it so i'll be picking that up soon.If anybody has some more info on swapping the clusters with pics (i heard some storys but no pics)

Also i have a question regarding the rear axle, the BW55 one is not going to fit because the AW71 and the BW55 are a few cm's apart in length. Does the 700 serie axle or at least the front part fit into the rear part of the axle?

Replaced the oil trap seal and started on getting the rear main sail i messed up out of the housing..
I got annoyed with that and decided that paining the engine and cleaning up was a better way to spend my time :lol:

img3560d.jpg

img3561eo.jpg

img3563d.jpg

img3552t.jpg

img3556i.jpg

img3574s.jpg

img3572b.jpg

img3568g.jpg

All you need is the hulpas/distributor drive shaft from a 240/360 which has the gear to drive the block mounted distributor.

How did you put that rear main seal in? Looks like it has some dents/scratches on the surface as well, screwdriver marks?

All you need is the hulpas/distributor drive shaft from a 240/360 which has the gear to drive the block mounted distributor.

How did you put that rear main seal in? Looks like it has some dents/scratches on the surface as well, screwdriver marks?

I used a hamer and a piece of wood. but somehow it got dented. I already got a new one when i picked up the engine mount rubbers, intake many gasket. 10 euro's for a Elring one. kinda steep thinking that i got a whole gasket kit for around 60 euro's at one point?

Anyway i still have no idea what the right way is of removing and installing them correctly i cannot even seem to get this gasket out :grrr:

I used this but i dont know what a " white plastic thing" is this guy talks about
http://cleanflametrap.com/RMS.html

Take it out of your old B21. You can also you use that B21 distrubutor.

Really? do i have to look at nr's ? I think i also have 200 serie's somewhere in a box i got once. I'm thinking of looking into the wated spark thing now but i'm not sure whats more complicated. swaping to block or wastedspark?

I already have this one around when i bought a complete Megasquirt kit, used on a turbo too. Not sure of the buchaspark works with that

img2159j.jpg

Last edited:
I figured if you tap it in gently it should slide in, it did just that just got a bit sideways.
Then i had to get it out again and i damaged it a bit as you can see. So it did work
I wonder if the elring one i bought has this plastic thing, its in a box.

I used a hamer and a piece of wood. but somehow it got dented. I already got a new one when i picked up the engine mount rubbers, intake many gasket. 10 euro's for a Elring one. kinda steep thinking that i got a whole gasket kit for around 60 euro's at one point?

Anyway i still have no idea what the right way is of removing and installing them correctly i cannot even seem to get this gasket out :grrr:

I used this but i dont know what a " white plastic thing" is this guy talks about
http://cleanflametrap.com/RMS.html

Really? do i have to look at nr's ? I think i also have 200 serie's somewhere in a box i got once. I'm thinking of looking into the wated spark thing now but i'm not sure whats more complicated. swaping to block or wastedspark?

I already have this one around when i bought a complete Megasquirt kit, used on a turbo too. Not sure of the buchaspark works with that

img2159j.jpg

You should sell me this:oogle: I can send you a bock mount distributor and auxiliary shaft

And you would likely put a cap in the hole when you take the distributor timing plate off, at least if you take it off, might as well cut the shaft down. TB style.

Red valve cover looks good by the way :)

And you would likely put a cap in the hole when you take the distributor timing plate off, at least if you take it off, might as well cut the shaft down. TB style.

WTF cut the shaft down?

Boris, you also need this to block off the hole where the distributor used to be.

http://www.vomd.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23_318_243_286&products_id=760

I'd say go with Buchka WastedSpark. That way you don't need to put in the shaft for the distributor, and the distributor itself. Plus it has better, consistent spark. Might be better for your LPG. I think what you already got for that MS setup is suitable.

You should sell me this:oogle: I can send you a bock mount distributor and auxiliary shaft

:lol:

I have a few head that where blockmounted so i have the block off plate.
Oh and thanks about the valve cover, now matched the block too :lol:

WTF cut the shaft down?

Boris, you also need this to block off the hole where the distributor used to be.

http://www.vomd.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23_318_243_286&products_id=760

I'd say go with Buchka WastedSpark. That way you don't need to put in the shaft for the distributor, and the distributor itself. Plus it has better, consistent spark. Might be better for your LPG. I think what you already got for that MS setup is suitable.

Yeah i'm gonna look into something like wasted spark. Not sure yet how i will manage it i had one offered by someone who is not using his.
I already have those plates like i said above, it does fit over the head mounted shafts right. difference in cams is just the little cut in them for the distributor, correct?

Now all i can think of is pies.

?

Anyway my dad replaced the seal for me, the trick is to clean it out first. apparently it was still to dirty. This seal is allot different btw it had ribs (for her pleasure) on it so it holds the seal better down when installing so crooked it not a thing anymore with that

img3586t.jpg

img3584un.jpg

Back