• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

'83 244 Turbo

Progress, haha. Putting a new longblock together for this car so get this....it can move under its own power!

That's the plan, anyway. The 16v head is at the machine shop to be cleaned, shaved, and valves leak-checked. I have a low mileage B230F long block that will get new gaskets and I will be renting the Yoshifab tool here shortly to cut valve reliefs.

Coolant and oil keep mixing. I think somthings up with the head. The whole block was checked over at appleton crank. It went in for the full service, alignhone, bore, resurface ect. Sucks... and I feel bad about it since I sold him it.

Yeah it won't stop mixing. I figure throw in a stock 16v long block to get the car moving and allow me to learn how to tune for this year at least. The built block will go back in at some point once I figure out why it mixes.

It runs well! During engine tear down #3 I saw a single drop of coolant fall from a temp sensor and run down to the oil trap. Oil trap had a dried up o-ring at the block and the coolant went straight into the oil sump. Don't paint your block gloss green.
I have a spare 16v long block that I built before I figured it out.

I'll take some pictures of the engine bay once it's clean. I'm happy with how it looks.

Car needs a few things:

- Flat hood latch and would like to paint the hood white
- Exhaust, might pay someone to do it
- Air filter and intake pipe
- Brakes need to be bled more
- Figure out tach signal & speedo signal - I'd like to use the original cluster
- Roll rear fenders
- Proper PCV system
- Install idle motor (need aluminum bungs welded)

I'd like to actually drive it next summer and put some miles on it. Looking at the timeline of this thread is depressing...

Well the car has actually been driving pretty well, slowly learning to tune the ECMLink without having a very good starting point. That was until 3rd gear at 9 psi when the bolts holding the T5 adapter to the bellhousing let loose. Destroyed a u-joint, trans mount and the pressure plate took a hard hit from a loose bolt. Really don't know why this would happen, all 4 threads are completely stripped out.

Planning on using heli-coils and giving it another shot.

Back