• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vagabond...again

hood is all stripped. ended up sanding everything down in the rain. should be a go for paint tomorrow. excited.

DSCN2288.jpg

DSCN2289.jpg

keep your fingers crossed...

Didnt that car have a white hood to begin with? If so why did u take it off?

it had no hood orginally when i got it. then i found a brown one. then i spray bombed it black. then i just stripped it all down to original primer.

i have two 242's if that helps. vagabond has all one color. and is all original body parts/paint.

alrighty... taping and prep work.
DSCN2290.jpg

DSCN2291.jpg

DSCN2292.jpg

mixing the color. 4:1:1
DSCN2293.jpg

DSCN2295.jpg

starting to spray. it was a very humid day. shouldnt have painted but it was my only day i had to do so.. so it happened. gun wasnt spraying right... little disappointed with how it layed, but nothing wet sanding cant help.

DSCN2301.jpg

DSCN2302.jpg

DSCN2303.jpg

DSCN2309.jpg

keep in mind this is a matte finish paint. so its not shiny at all. its also a metallic.. its changed colors on me 3 times since i sprayed it. it goes from purple. to bronze. to a reddish color. i like it.

it started off as this color..
DSCN2311.jpg

then .....

DSCN2312.jpg

DSCN2316.jpg

DSCN2317.jpg

DSCN2318.jpg

DSCN2319.jpg

the darker spots on the side are from tire spray. it rained on my way home.. im pretty happy with the color. cant wait to get the wheels on it.

thank you. i was going for the "old" look..and once i get the wheels on im gonna drop it a fair amount. at first i was little upset with the color, but the more it cured the better it got. paint only cost 100 bones so its not like it was a huge set back. it really does change colors throughout the day. in the morning its really purple. afternoon it looks burnt purple/brown... in the evening its like a bright burgundy color. heres a shot from this morning...its a nice change from the white.

securedownload-4.jpg

and to the OP glad to see it happened I'm guessing you found work amiright?

edit: are you going to black trim out?

still waiting on a call back to my job. ive had the paint and the wheels for a while, just never had the time to do it. i'm going to leave the chrome trim. it gives it that old man beater look. spent some time wet sanding down the dry spots tonight in the rain. started with 1000 grit. need to move to 3000 and then leave it alone.

heres an idea of what the paint would look like shiny.. just doesnt do the color justice i feel. looks too... bland. apologies for the cellphone pics.

securedownload-5.jpg

securedownload-1-3.jpg

and at okoye. i respect your opinion, and if you like cars shiny..then thats cool. I am a rat rod guy at heart, and shiny just isnt my thing. I think your car would look "a ton" cooler slammed to the ground with half of it rusted and different colored panels zip ties holding the bumper together. but thats my opinion, and i dont voice it unless called upon.. those are just the manners i was brought up with. i appreciate your ideas, and do take them into consideration, but this is the route i decided to go with the car.

Back