• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Serpentine Belt in 240

Finally got it done. Found a double sided belt. They don't make as many sized in the double sided as the single side. Had to move the tensioner and modify it a bit. Here is a couple photos of the new routing and belt.

IMG_1961.jpg

Nice Work! That looks great - much better contact area on the crank pulley.

Everything could be moved out for the 16v how far are you talking.

3-5mm I would have to double check then triple check that

now you need only a chainbeltdrive for the cams and your engine will be maintainencefree ;)

I love it, So let me do that math here for the redblock. Never change the oil "check" Never add coolant "check" Never change the Belts "check"

Ok its been a while but I have a couple of new photos. I switched back to a single sided belt and turned the grooves off of the alt pulley. I ran the belt over the idler pulley and over the alt.That gives a lot of belt wrap around the crank.
IMG_4431.jpg

Also I made a crank pulley that will fit a b230 motor.
IMG_7983.jpg
IMG_4587.jpg

Ive been running this set up for quite some time now and have had no problems. Also I changed my cam to a b cam so Ive had a lot higher revs and its smooth as silk. I still haven't figured out the ac lines but thats next. :)

I have a parts list together and am willing to help with the modification for a nominal fee just send me a pm and we will talk

3-5mm I would have to double check then triple check that

I love it, So let me do that math here for the redblock. Never change the oil "check" Never add coolant "check" Never change the Belts "check"

I put one of Aaron's setups on my 16vt motor...

I had the pulley milled down 5mm, to compensate for the wider timing belt. All looks to be in order, though the motor has not been fired yet.

I put one of Aaron's setups on my 16vt motor...

I had the pulley milled down 5mm, to compensate for the wider timing belt. All looks to be in order, though the motor has not been fired yet.

Thread bump and would like to know if you would make/sell another?!

Best

T

Back