• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Chris Wiita's 1995 960R

Damn....great progress, love the flares, just right!

The E-Rod LS3 is an interesting and wise choice, looking at the spec sheet you just barely got in with your car being an '95 model..lucky you!

I like it alot, but the only thing missing is DISH. and lots of it! not to discredit the serious work that went into it, just a statement of personal preference!

Reg sticker came in the mail. I'm totally legit! So I took it on the freeway finally and the rear suspension is god awful and the tires badly need balancing and the (stock) trans control is bugging out and is really freaked out by 4th gear. So paddles are going back in, need balancing, annnnnnd, **** I dunno, maybe I'll put the new rear suspension instead of trying to band-aid the crap thats in there...

edit:// Oh also:

holy **** is this slow.

Update--tires are balanced and new paddles installed. AC works, and rear shocks are adjusted so they suck less. Ready for driving duties I think. Also, reeeeeeeeealy slow. Holy **** slow.

Still a nasty vibration at speed, even after another balancing. I suspect it's my brake rotors. Will replace. My rear adapters are not quite as concentric as I would like however. Also, haven't verified planarity yet.

Installed new Luxe Steer mounts from Kaplhenke. Much improved! Steers very smoothly now, no more steering stutter at low speed. Also, no more embarrassing sproings from the suspension on bumps. Great!

Here's my component stackup. Made some new shaft adapters. Bump stop crashes into the spring mount, so no extreme load ever gets transferred to the bearing:

Daily driving update: 16-19mpg. Abusive ride. Still slow.

Im going to start this project very soon in a 122s rusty as it gets but im sure ill be posting on here a lot glad the thread is still going!

So just how the hell does this work? At a given ground speed with the same gear ratio and tire size, the driveshaft will spin at the same speed regardless of whether or not the krauts made the car.

Yes it will but the gear ratios are NOT the same.
My 98 V-90 has the 3.73 locker with the winter pac.
My 1995 W-124 M119 V8 powered Mercedes E-420 on the other hand uses a 2.26 rear gear and runs super low 1st and second gears in the trans.
The Volvo does a big OD in the trans to get the RPM down the Benz used a big gear drop in the trans to get the RPM's UP on the bottom end then the long rear gear slows the shaft speed down for sustained long distance high speed running on the Autobahns.
Totally different way of doing things between the 2 camps.

Back