• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(Not*) Mediocre 242

I have an early one, and the fuel rail mounts are attached at two points on the base plate of the plenum at 90? to yours. Its very solid.

162884021.jpg

Just having it attached at one point in that direction would bend those angle aluminum pieces with fuel pressure, boost pressure, and any preload that might be on the injectors. I thought I saw someone else's fail the same way yours did too.

Maybe it would be enough if you add an extra piece on the bottom open part of the angle aluminum piece so its boxed in like the early ones.

I wonder when he switched designs. When did you get yours?

You probably saw mine. This is the second time it's failed and Nathan said he'd never seen it happen before.

Yes, I'm planning on replicating the rear mount with a gusset. Mine was only welded on top so it's probably going to be fine with both sides welded but might as well fix it once.

Bummer, I'd weld it top and bottom, and put a triangle gusset perpendicular underneath as well. Should have no problems then.

Nice work on the shift extension! I actually wish mine was a touch longer.

Last edited:
Could the fuel line at the back not have enough slack, or is too heavy for the weld? Every time the engine rocks, it might be constantly tugging and pushing on the fuel rail?

Jordan

I don't think so. There should be enough slack in both fuel lines to account for engine movement. Neither line is anywhere near taut.

No problem. I didn't even know it was a part option until I saw it a couple weeks ago in a thread. It makes a huge difference.

you didn't know it was an option until i told you it was.

who clogs their trans tunnel with sprayfoam?

I have a the stock rubber boot, and a leathery boot installed, but I'm sure the foam would help a ton. Just trying to make the car as civil as possible.

I have the same along with an additional canvas boot I made. The rubber boot kept popping my shifter out of second so I had to cut it a bit. The foam makes the most difference by far.

I have the same along with an additional canvas boot I made. The rubber boot kept popping my shifter out of second so I had to cut it a bit. The foam makes the most difference by far.

Interesting, I haven't had any issues yet with the boots popping the lever out of gear. Although, I'm going to do some work on raising the trans mount (so I can work on the pinion angle a bit more to remedy my drive train vibrations) so I may run into other issues later.

Back