• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B&G Springs A+, Turbo Bars C-

Too large a bar will limit suspension travel, making the ride of the car jarring and skittish.. Think of sway bars as torsional springs that bind one side to the other.

This effect is much more evident in the rear than the front of the car. A good all-around setup for a street car regardless of spring rate, dampening, or ride height is 25mm front, 0-19 rear.

I read here: http://people.physics.anu.edu.au/~amh110/Handling/volvo_sports_handling_V2.htm that the 23mm bars are 115% stiffer than stock and the 25.4mm IPD bars are 200% stiffer.

I have the B&G S2s, Billy HDs, and IPD 25/19 bars on my '91 245. I like it as a dd. It's a big improvement over stock, nice ride, good, safe handling balance, but certainly not an autocrosser. If I had the time and $ to perfect it, I'd want a slightly firmer, more controlled ride, slightly less body roll, and easier oversteer. Notice I said "slightly". Actually, the jury's out until I improve from the stock wheel/tire situation.

I have the B&G S2s, Billy HDs, and IPD 25/19 bars on my '91 245. I like it as a dd. It's a big improvement over stock, nice ride, good, safe handling balance, but certainly not an autocrosser. If I had the time and $ to perfect it, I'd want a slightly firmer, more controlled ride, slightly less body roll, and easier oversteer. Notice I said "slightly". Actually, the jury's out until I improve from the stock wheel/tire situation.

Perhaps the 25mm bar makes a big difference then

I have a 911 Turbo in the garage next to the Volvo. The Volvo is about the journey. It's fun to start with a $350 car and make it into something. Goal is to learn along the way

It's going to be quite a journey and a long road starting with a piston slapping 9mm rod LH2.2 sedan don't worry.

:grin:

Just put IPD sport springs on the Wagon of Doom. Very happy with them. Said to be 20% stiffer than stock. Reasonable drop.

Existing combo: 23/19 bars, Bilstein Touring shocks, upper and lower front braces, adj rear track bar.

Of all these goodies, it was the springs that made the biggest difference to me.

IMG_6868-M.jpg

Love the Porsche!

Perhaps the 25mm bar makes a big difference then

TB urban legend states the "+5 rule"...... if you run a 19mm rear bar, then you need at minimum the 25 front (no 24 exists that I've heard of for the 240). Many have done, and enjoyed.

Dampers sound a bit wimpy.... consider KONI sports (adjustable rebound) or the famous re-valved Bils HD.

Beautiful 911 ....... I used to lean foam pads alongside my Chevelle when my kids were little.... it still bears a few handlebar dents. The JOY of children! Laughed out loud when I saw your child barrier..... but I understand it.

Back