• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Davis 2017

Davis 2017 Saturday Event

• Total voters
Oh. I do ok on blades. Not so much on a board. I met Billy Bones a few times. Down hill is big here.

Looks like rain in OR next week. Be nice to hang out in the CA sun.

Last edited:
Although my car is not show ready, I am ready for the show and swap meet. Staying in my usual corner room at the 6. Looking forward to reconnecting with everyone!
Awesome Harry! You registered in the modified class?
I think the other fella with a yellow 142 is showing up. Cupid or something?
Sounds like we'll have a decent showing of 140's
I'll be at the show with my 72GT, registered in stock.
I believe I owned your Green Meanie 72 142 a few years ago.
The one with the blacked out hood and trunk with the Parker engine.
My name is Jon. From up here in Boise.
It would be nice to put faces to the names of the Turbobricks folks.

^thx The GT's not perfect, but its original and rare!
gsellstr, name tags would work. or we could start a thread, Davis pre-event with names and faces for those that want to connect past a screen?
seems like the TB crew is large enough to have their own west coast meet.
the folks on this forum have been friendly and helpful, which is rare on forums these days.
Anyhow, looking forward to Davis!
and the by the way, when are we going to get the national meet somewhere near the west?

Whenever someone wants to host it. Too many hoops to jump thru for our chapter to even consider it, plus Davis is just a fun event without all the restrictions and such, and it's the same size or bigger anyway. lol

Guess I'll definitely have to throw mine in the mix for the class this year, since there's actually some competition for once. :)

Whenever someone wants to host it. Too many hoops to jump thru for our chapter to even consider it, plus Davis is just a fun event without all the restrictions and such, and it's the same size or bigger anyway. lol

Guess I'll definitely have to throw mine in the mix for the class this year, since there's actually some competition for once. :)

damnit!! I shouldn't have posted... should'a just sandbagged the competition!!
oh well all in good fun.. paint work is last on the list for the car... hopefully I don't get dinged to bad for it.. otherwise she's pretty clean..
what year and model is yours?.. right.. in your sig..

Awesome Harry! You registered in the modified class?
I think the other fella with a yellow 142 is showing up. Cupid or something?
Sounds like we'll have a decent showing of 140's
I'll be at the show with my 72GT, registered in stock.
I believe I owned your Green Meanie 72 142 a few years ago.
The one with the blacked out hood and trunk with the Parker engine.
My name is Jon. From up here in Boise.
It would be nice to put faces to the names of the Turbobricks folks.
Jon: looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car!
pic of the green car. This car was beat when I first got it. I didn't think the engine was anything special although it ran good
138736602.jpg

must have liked the wheels
163283949.jpg

and since you added a pic
165325519.jpg

I like fishing almost as much as my Volvos.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are well and looking forward to the official start of the 2017 Davis Meet Weekend!

We're now one week away!

Just a friendly reminder that we are determining if there is interest in offering the show posters for sale, and if so, how many to print.

http://davis.sacvolvoclub.org/sun#TOC-Davis-Show-Poster

Interested in purchasing an Official Show Poster?
Let us know!

Reply to this post.

Or, Contact Us, Attention: Al Simons, Sponsor Coordinator:
http://davis.sacvolvoclub.org/contact-us

---

Important Dates:

Pre-Event:
Tuesday, April 25, 2017- Saturday RSVPs close
Friday, April 28, 2017- Sunday Pre-Registration closes

Event:
Saturday, April 29, 2017- Saturday A-La-Carte Events
Sunday, April 30, 2017- Sunday Davis Car Show & Swap Meet

http://davis.sacvolvoclub.org

---

For ease of reference, all the 2017 Davis Meet Weekend: News, Important Dates, Updates, & Reminders that were sent out on April 8th can be found as a forum post earlier in this topic.

Or, here:

http://forum.sacvolvoclub.org/t247-april-29-30-2017-18th-annual-davis-meet-weekend-w-ggvcoa#504

---

Looking forward to seeing you April 29th & 30th!

Take care,
volvie!

Great pics!
I'll have to dig up a photo from when I owned the green car.
See you at the show!

Just test-drove the drive route today, looks like we should be good to go. Just getting the maps done up now to be easier to follow and without the screwups and missing details Google decided to add in.

Just a reminder for anyone going, I will be doing a tech inspection, make sure things are good to go I will leave it to you to make sure your fluids are topped up, tires are at pressure. The drive has a lot of twisties and there's minimal services for several miles. I would also like to request that you FUEL UP BEFORE ARRIVING TO THE CARS AND COFFEE LOCATION!!!

Back