• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Tracks

VolvoChick

Took my 1988 740 to the tracks, just to see what it could do stock.

my best time was a 19.3 :/
and it got worse from there, need to figure out why my transmission is slowing down on me now. Only does it when its hott out. it'll run perfect forver during the winter though.

anyways...its an old gal and she did great i think. couldn't get any traction what so ever lol. they said i spun half way down the tracks and that i shocked some people on my reaction time for a stock volvo. beat a cobalt at the line. he WASN'T stock, took him till 3rd gear to catch me, after that..of course he was a blur lol. still damn proud of my girl for keeping up with me all night :)
she does well at top end though, i'll give her that. i can at least keep up for a bit, several car links with my husband in his boosted maxima.

What are ya'lls best track times? and what all have ya'll done to your bricks?

Very difficult to believe that a 2.3 N/A auto spun its tires halfway down the track. Actually, it's very difficult to believe that a 2.3 N/A auto spun its tires at all on a sticky drag strip.

All I got is my word and three witnesses, but yeah after I ran on the tracks. I'm def going to grab video next time we head out there. Hopefully my buddy will be working his shift at the tracks and get some pics for the San Antonio raceway page.

spun the tires halfway down the track? lol
also a showroom post with only text = lame

Im trying to post pictures of my timesheets.
my first time was 19.3 only trapping at 73mph.
then it went to 20.3 and higher at 80=mph....
trying to at least load that so ya'll can see i was spinning and took longer to grab....
goes to show im not wise at computers -_- lol
i'll get that posted at least....

my n/a 245 ran 20.001

I honestly think the timing belt is off a tooth or the valve clearances are way off because it certainly should be faster

Hit me up when y'all go next, I wanna try my 940.

Also, let's turbo it? Takes a weekend.. Chips can be made no problem.

Hit me up when y'all go next, I wanna try my 940.

Also, let's turbo it? Takes a weekend.. Chips can be made no problem.

I know......I know....and I need to hit up that shop you told me about. But im super worried that my transmission might be going out....and if i turbo...phhf forget it...with my womanly driving skills it'll blow within a couple of days lol. I still need to take it so ya'll can look at it. I just need directions and hours and etc.

A junkyard aw71 trans that will hold good power is a no problem, there is a trick with the accumulators that can be done an a trans isn't that hard to swap in. I moved from that shop since then, but I work at another with a good lift that's work can be done at.

Back