• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Texas240 was 16v but now LM7 5.3L

its an allusion.... its actually not on the stand, just picking my bolting points while I cut some spacers to attach onto the stand.

Now its on the stand.. Picture not to be shown but take my word, there might be a loud thump soon:-P

illusion? or were you alluding to something else.... ;)

So how are things coming along?

Slow....:grrr:

Picking the head up tomorrow that I should of picked up last week but ass holes at work threw a 10 days at us and of course by the time I get out of work, the machine shop is closed. Josh should be sending me the valve cutter hopefully tomorrow.

Then its game on from there

Finally making some progress with the build. Got the head back from the shop w/ new valve guides, Valve cutter came in the mail two days ago and was put to use last night. Did some painting on some brackets and clear coated the engine.

Engine comes out of the car Sunday and I will start some fab work on some customization were the battery lies now and the windshield washer tank and Paint.

df3ade20.jpg

627cf0b2.jpg

e0aa110d.jpg

My ghetto piston holder so the pistons wouldnt move on me when cutting down on the opposing piston.

20711deb.jpg

7489902c.jpg

e8d59da9.jpg

c107b2b8.jpg

Some how on the last cut the sleeve stop slipped and this happened but Im pretty sure it wont cause any issues other then a slight decrease in compression

08b7751a.jpg

d4eaad43.jpg

And the house I am more then likely to buy/ put a low ball offer down in a few weeks
7c2588b5.jpg

1d878244.jpg

The Garage

e586ce9e.jpg

The awesome deck

The engine did indeed come out, took about 6 hours over two days. 4 one day 2 yesterday. Got to the point were I just started to cut hoses and what not that I knew wouldnt be used again.

56648443.jpg

95c7d276.jpg

got this point were I realized I really could of used a second person so I decided I would just drop the m46 from the air and not give a ****.

Needless to say, blood was shed!!!

8dcd6e8b.jpg

fc4c9aed.jpg

f0a4aa53.jpg

7f1a4476.jpg

In the middle of this shindig the UPS man showed up with all my weld L's
4ee7ed0e.jpg

Next week I'll start on the exhaust Manifold

First thing to do on the list from now on is to clean the gallons of coolant and oil in the garage under the car, clean the engine bay up, prep for primer and paint put the head back together and on the block.

well, nothing new other then this

4b87bc64.jpg

They have me working 84 hours this week and probably a bit less next week. Mentally im there to work on the car but physically impossible. I expect to get the engine bay done within the top of next week

I've definitely been there. Full-time school and full-time work didn't really lend itself to working on my car. Neither did the December-January weather. :lol:

I put two hours in on the engine harness yesterday and made some major headroom. I'll probably finish off the drivers side after work and taking the brake booster off and paint that. I also need to head to frys and buy a butt load of braided loom covering and stuff.

I've definitely been there. Full-time school and full-time work didn't really lend itself to working on my car. Neither did the December-January weather. :lol:

OMG I'm going crazy waiting for school to end so I can pick up where I left off last summer! Sweet build so far, can't wait to see how this progresses!

more work got done today.

Before, dirty greasy engine bay
e35b9e90.jpg

CLEAN!!!

d9986177.jpg

6a14d680.jpg

I has break lines

decided that I was going to rock the patina look other then the one rust spot in the car
c662a871.jpg

should be getting a lot more done now that all prep is pretty much done

long time no work since I was on vacation in Cali/IPD and work has no work on the board so they gave us a 4 day weekend.

Started to tackle the wiring and should be done with most of it tomorrow.

809801dc.jpg

0c7f16df.jpg

a474b453.jpg

ec9d1fcb.jpg

eb4644aa.jpg

Now some engine work got done, last thing to go in for the small block is the oil pump then pan then on to the head.

10fea69e.jpg

5e97e44e.jpg

Back