• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

11 second quarter mile

I really feel like you can get one of these cars into the 11's for $5k.

if you're motivated and a little careful I suspect you could do it for 3k or even less depending on how hands-on you want to get. the limiting factor on the 780 is going to be the irs.

if you're motivated and a little careful I suspect you could do it for 3k or even less depending on how hands-on you want to get. the limiting factor on the 780 is going to be the irs.

Is that the LS + Turbo + 4L80E + Ford 8.8 + ECU Tuning ? Add in an extra set of wheels and slicks...

I could see 5k if you were resourceful = Get Sloopy

stock bottom end. the LS car is the tow vehicle, I haven't really tried to get it to run a number yet, it does what it does with brute force.

Hey! I'm new to the forum. I have a 1989 Volvo 780 Turbo which I would like to turn into a 11 second car in a quarter of a mile. I'm looking for suggestions on how to that, all suggestions is appreciated.

Be careful not to blow the welds on your intake.

eh, only seen that happen once.
147784428.jpg

naaaahhh doesn't take anywhere near that much money

3,700 pounds, 11 second quarter mile. Do the math. There won't be anything he can use for the drive train that came with the 780. I am making the assumption, if the OP has to ask, he is going to have to pay someone to do the work.

If he totally guts the car, it would be in the 2500 pound range. Then, he might be able to get it in to the 11s in the $3000-$5000 budget range.

3,700 pounds, 11 second quarter mile. Do the math. There won't be anything he can use for the drive train that came with the 780. I am making the assumption, if the OP has to ask, he is going to have to pay someone to do the work.

If he totally guts the car, it would be in the 2500 pound range. Then, he might be able to get it in to the 11s in the $3000-$5000 budget range.

we did it with a full weight 245 and a stock bottom end b230. I believe the aw71 with an accumulator mod will hold on for a bit. Like I said above, the rear end is the big question mark. the curb weight difference between the 780 and the 245 is somewhere around 200 lbs, but that doesn't account for the addition of a turbo and intercooler to the 245.

we did it with a full weight 245 and a stock bottom end b230. I believe the aw71 with an accumulator mod will hold on for a bit. Like I said above, the rear end is the big question mark. the curb weight difference between the 780 and the 245 is somewhere around 200 lbs, but that doesn't account for the addition of a turbo and intercooler to the 245.

I have no doubt you could do it. You've already been there, done that.

BTW, an 89 780 has LH 2.2 injection, an open differential and small connecting rods.

Last edited:
Back