• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

83 242 V8 LQ4 swap

I dont know what the guy did for a living but he lived in yuba city, certainly could have been a farmer.

big dude with a beard? sounds about like the right place, too. He's one of our customers at work, has a rippin chevelle racecar; made like 820 at the tires. He was telling me he sold a 400 to some guys that were doing an LS motor in a volvo.

big dude with a beard? sounds about like the right place, too. He's one of our customers at work, has a rippin chevelle racecar; made like 820 at the tires. He was telling me he sold a 400 to some guys that were doing an LS motor in a volvo.

Lol, that sounds like him. He was telling me how he dynoed his car at a volvo shop in sac, I take it you work at said volvo shop? It always amazes me how samll the car world is.

I like the car, and also the flamed drill press. Vintage Delta? Looks like a beast.

Lol, that sounds like him. He was telling me how he dynoed his car at a volvo shop in sac, I take it you work at said volvo shop? It always amazes me how samll the car world is.

yizzir, thats us, SVS....his car is....fast, really fast

yizzir, thats us, SVS....his car is....fast, really fast

I didn't know you were at SVS. My F-I-L has been bringing his cars there since the shop opened. Back when I first got my 244, we brought it all the way there from NV to get some crazy problems figured out. They've always done a great job.

Haven't had the time to get anything major done but I have made some progress. I changed up my ms2 box from my old bug with two more coil drivers and modded it for the hall sensor on the ls. Also got the coils mounted on the motor so I'm ready to start making the harness...yay. My buddy Thomas scored me a flat hood and a steering wheel adapter so it almost looks like a real car now. My baby is going to be born in may so I'm trying really hard to get it done but its not lookin good:-(

Some pics

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

very nice, clean build. the fabrication looks great. those 6.0 motors are really good power plants, that's what i would have picked if i were going your route.

those engines are under-rated, i feel they are more like 380hp, i'm sure you will be very happy with the setup.

Back