• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 75 242 DL

Out of curiosity, how is the plating holding up on the panhard and torque rods? How long have the been on/seen weather? Looking good as always.

Thanks fellas :) :oops:

Ben,
I miss the beige turbo also. Oh.. Hit me up on messenger when you are ready to run the rear spacers.

Out of curiosity, how is the plating holding up on the panhard and torque rods? How long have the been on/seen weather? Looking good as always.

Most of the suspension stuff is from 2010 and was on the beige turbo. I didn?t start daily driving the car until 2011. So from 2011 to the accident in 2013, I put roughly 35,000miles on the suspension. Mostly dry SoCal weather. Only a few rainy days. Then the parts sat till they were put on the blue car in 2014 and I started driving that in 2016. I think I put another 5,000 miles since the 35,000. Again, only a few rainy days during that time.

Sorry for the recap it helped me remember how many miles it really has on it ... so it?s rougly 40,000 miles on the suspension and the plating shows some surface rust in some areas.

new office chair mode:

gJ6rLA8.jpg

That looks great! Did you make an adapter plate to go on the bottom? I have a few spare 240 seats that need to get the office chair treatment...

That looks great! Did you make an adapter plate to go on the bottom? I have a few spare 240 seats that need to get the office chair treatment...

I used my old POS staples chair base. Then 1/4"x 1" steel bar about 16" long IIRC. Once you remove the slider part from the seat... you only used a few big washers on the larger holes in the lower seat rail. I had to put two extra holes in the lower bracket of one of the seats (i made two seats). The seat i had to drill was the first one i made which is in the picture. I had 3/16" stainless stock I used. I recommend the 1/4" thick steel. The 2nd seat was a straight bolt on. Only had to drill the 8 holes in the two .25" bar stock.

RU1WYT4.jpg

Oh my god! I have always admired this build. Was just thinking last night that I needed another 142/242. To top it all, smog exempt....

So, it’s been along while… no pictures for now. I am not at my computer. There are some pics on my website, link in sig.

I did a few small things on the car over the long break.

I installed a smaller wiper fluid bottle for the intake pipe clearance when I get around to finishing the install of the charger. I installed BNE brake boost holder and I finally painted the strut brace.
I installed the speed box so I now have a working speedometer. GPS. Works pretty well.

Oh. I also installed the Bluetooth 123 ignition unit. Works great! Plus, it’s tunable for the charger. Woot woot.
I also installed a VP b20 black fin valve cover. Their casting is messed up. I can not believe they approved a casting knowing it was incorrect. I messaged them about it that they told me, yeah we know, but blah blah blah people got it to work…

Well, after messing with the cover for a few months, nope. The damn thing still leaks. I just
Sent them another email asking to return and full refund because this is ridiculous. I will be reinstalling my steel cover and ipd rubber gasket…

So. I drove the car today, and realized that as much fun as it is, I’m at the point in my life, where it’s becoming a pain to have this many projects. We will see how much long I can hold onto the car. I still want to finish the charger and rear brake install before I let this thing go.

Last edited:
The car is forsale

Stuff happens? life hits. I will not be finishing the car.

Smog exempt. located in SoCal.
Lots and lots of parts. Boxes on boxes.

20k firm. Price is for every extra volvo parts I have.

Message me if you?re serious.

-Jeff

Back