• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

66 122 - The car I shouldnt keep but like too much

got some sunshine back so I get to work on my stuff again

new steering coupling from the ebay dude in Greece
qUVZCCt.jpg

JhKg0y1.jpg

r2oUWzj.jpg

brakes went out so Im starting with the rears
passenger side

I got to use one of the pullers my neighbor gave me
Zb7eKFJ.jpg

idk if axle seal or wheel cylinder or both
JH0W5Ln.jpg

then I broke the puller on the driver side
KVnEf7b.jpg

got my big boy one out
go76wmE.jpg

inside it was clean
I3w68ui.jpg

all the neighborhood kids hang out at my house when my kids are home. Today my kids were gone so I had these guys help me out some.
ZIdZrxi.jpg

Last edited:
today I:
- swapped in a better bumper
- installed new gasket for license plate light handle (couresey of Ian/Eric)
- fixed the wiring of license lights
- fixed the license plate mount
- installed license plate frame I got from an old friend (he' an idiot)
- straightened out the trunk a bit

before
tXms8CL.jpg

7un5xmq.jpg

CYWdjgU.jpg

BvxVbJ7.jpg

used copper cleaner to clean the copper plates
MHoTYWh.jpg

Rfe1aNV.jpg

After - I still need to reinstall one of the reflectors and get a flush bolt to cover the old hitch mount hole
xD0qB66.jpg

This one is for Ken - old land lord gave me like 8 cans of these 10-11 years ago (still works great)
even comes with hot chick to keep you motivated
LjrgSNk.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have a flush bolt for the bumper ? If not, shoot me a PM with your address and I'll drop one in the mail for you. I have a tub of them that came with my 67.

Do you feel brave enough to wet sand the entire car and get down to the original cream color ? On a car like this one, I'd be tempted to try it.

Do you have a flush bolt for the bumper ? If not, shoot me a PM with your address and I'll drop one in the mail for you. I have a tub of them that came with my 67.

Do you feel brave enough to wet sand the entire car and get down to the original cream color ? On a car like this one, I'd be tempted to try it.

Thank you for the offer. I think I have enough spare bumpers that I should have some good flush bolts.

and YES I have ... :omg: (I must enjoy suffering or something) I will first wet sand this paint with 2k and then polish it up. After that the plan is to start doing small sections at a time to go back to original paint.

Small updated while I wait on parts from Uncle Ian and Eric

today I started to remove the old seal from the truck. I also straitened out bends in the trunk opening lip - I used a 14mm deep socket on its side and a hammer. It was super easy to do.

Old glue comes off with Goof-off
VsubVdO.jpg

fFOmvXF.jpg

ScoxlpS.jpg

Last edited:
^man that's some rabbit hole you took me down. I will try that eventually. Thank you for the link

last few days

old passenger grille - chewed up
1AC30EAF-8831-4B4C-A82E-1F34F778A459_zpsuzigut8s.jpg

replaced
F80C3E63-AEDC-49C7-822C-C66987002650_zpsq6mwepf1.jpg

old passenger side lens and gasket
D1D513E9-1C4B-41DF-99F1-9D7AFBC51E28_zpsbedpsk2p.jpg

new gasket with better lens and polished surround
141BC9E3-6C83-4FDA-9345-4A8ED4DE39E3_zpsfchffpbl.jpg

old driver side lens and gasket
06C88773-1908-4FDE-85AE-F8EE0A8C9FF0_zpsald7sm5c.jpg

new gasket with better lens and polished surround
DF02464D-0E15-459A-AB8B-3E8444B1104F_zpsclpr8hmc.jpg

strict instructions courtesy Uncle IAN
Step 1. Insert the wire harness grommet into the hole in the boot without tearing it. It's a super tight fit, so use some lube (giggity) ....HE REALLY DID SAY THIS..... Otherwise dirt and water will get in.

Step 2. After installing the proper size u-nuts on the fender, fit the boot to the fender making sure to get the lip seated properly all the way around. This might require removing some of the undercoating.

Step 3. Connect the wires to the reflector and slip it into the boot and under the rubber tabs on the ends.

Step 4. Install the lens and bezel making sure the divider between the lens halves slips into the channel in the boot. Start both screws and snug the lens down a little. Then, using a plastic windshield tool, work the outer lip of the boot up and over the lens and bezel. Slowly tighten the screws as you work your way around the lens. If the lens doesn't fit the fender well, you may not be able to get the boot to fit 100% not to mention you might crack the lens if you over tighten it trying to get it to conform.

Good luck. I've spent more time than I care to admit trying to get those things to look nice on freshly painted cars where the body shop didn't have the lenses to make sure they'd fit.

Today. Parts via Uncle Eric
hSTHFp8.jpg

GSX4nUI.jpg

my milkshake brings all the boys
XyUhQ46.jpg

92KLStl.jpg

new braided rear line - I was shocked how easy that went on... Great part from HIPerfromance Auto!!
ewXIRCL.jpg

cleaned parts - bearing was good.
z7Hid3N.jpg

bring out the shooze
D0uMKO0.jpg

new cock ring
FAz3e7R.jpg

new hardware because Eric/Ian made me feel like a chump for wanting to reuse old stuff when Fasten-all is two blocks from my house
5F48049B-EBAB-49C6-84BD-B2334F334E00_zpsokjahdf2.jpg

lube job :oogle:complete
w8OC30m.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work! Satisfying to see it in your pictures and props for doing this on gravel and not even a concrete slab!

Nice work! Satisfying to see it in your pictures and props for doing this on gravel and not even a concrete slab!

Coming along nice! Good to see some of the nice saves you have made!

Thanks guys. I enjoy working on the 122 the most. I been meaning to pave the driveway, maybe this year

forgot to post picture of front brake line
Nr6kMjL.jpg

no antenna
VYb1xCt.jpg

new antenna
Fktuc7U.jpg

found this dirty girl in the trunk :oogle:
yXzhGQo.jpg

old window channel seals
qF8Yz8t.jpg

they are glued in and have a little stainless boarder on edges
OCCIqxY.jpg

6IBqk50.jpg

cleaned off most of the glue
mNTdNWE.jpg

F02U7GN.jpg

while inside the door I removed 80% of the original deadener and added Dynamat
Xow3vzE.jpg

new from Volvo window channel gaskets are like modern cars- all rubber, pressfit and no stainless
this one was a pain to get past the window. I took the window off the regulator and squeezed the seal past it.
S2sNq0g.jpg

sorry for the crappy photo
HEItWto.jpg

Last edited:
I just did the quarter windows on my 65 yesterday using new seals from Volvo. Why didn't do this earlier ? Good call on the Dynamat, I did the same thing and then did the roof before doing the headliner. Definitely makes a difference with sounds and heat.

I just did the quarter windows on my 65 yesterday using new seals from Volvo. Why didn't do this earlier ? Good call on the Dynamat, I did the same thing and then did the roof before doing the headliner. Definitely makes a difference with sounds and heat.

It made a huge difference in my 245, especially with heat from sun!
I was tired of the window rattling around. I dont have the rivet tool and the one gasket on that rail is removable

Today
replaced the headlight rings and installed a h3 (?) lights. I dont even know where or when I got them. Some made in India stuff that seems to be good.

59fhLET.jpg

Nmxqz3x.jpg

I then installed this - sadly I only have one - sold my last pair to brown friend of mine - can anyone guess who?
pihp9lG.jpg

Also installed trunk seal and cleaned out the trunk. Removed all the old sound deadening
and found out my gas tank needs replacement. I have another one but for now Im just going to seal up the small holes.

before
gFlrsXF.jpg

after
2PSLtpa.jpg

trunk seal
aSFmNU0.jpg

thats fuel there :omg:
EFL9llH.jpg

jFbig3J.jpg

Last edited:
Back