• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Cost to redrill wheels?

adapters youll need a minimum of 15mm thickness, which puts the fronts at et5 and the rear at et0, and without knowing the what the back of each wheel looks like (to see if theres pockets for the wheel studs to poke through), it's probably best to find a good place to have them filled and drilled. send a pm to chigga, i think he had that procedure done

I know here in SanDiego there is a tire place with this special machine that drills wheels. Its cool it has 5 drill bits and the guy adjusts it like a drill chuck to whatever pattern you want and he drills it. After drilling aluminum wheels they usually put a steel slug in the hole for strength. I had 2 wheel done like a month ago and it was $70 for 2 wheels. It looks like these have plenty of space in the center to drill another pattern. Itr shouldnt be an issue.

in the rear it will fit pretty easily. he will probably have to roll the lips, and it all depends on his tire size, but it should fit

my 740 swallowed 16x9.5 et3 wheels and only looked to need a little lip work. if he could get the offset higher, say around 5 or 10, it would be nice

10s will fit in the rear of a 740 with some fender rolling, but they won't come close to the suspension. Those 9s should have no problems.

DAMN YOU, those wheels are amazing, I wonder what they would look like on a 1800ES, or your 122:omg:

A tire/wheel shop here in Denver redrilled 4 wheels for me, for $12.50 per wheel ($50 total) with steel inserts and everything. I asked recently and they don't do it anymore. Too much liability apparently. I guess they used to do it with no markup because it allowed them to sell more wheels. I'd shop around some local one or two man machine shops, they should be more than willing to redrill a set for not a whole lot of money.

not to be naysayer, but a few things to think about?

if machine shop FUBAR's a wheel, who'll cover it?

if you FUBAR a wheel what are the chances of finding a replacement??

I have only seen 2 Porsches with those rims, one being the yellow 914 in the picture I posted (now with a 400hp Chevy V8 in it unless Bill sold it :) ) and a 930 in Florida...I'm sure there are others, but are they willing to sell if you cannot repair a rim?

I've wanted to do a set of staggered Starion wheels forever, Borbets are 100 times better, but probably more expensive.

Starion wheels (16x7 and 16x9)
88mitsubishistarion.jpg

Widebody_wheels2.jpg

DAMN YOU, those wheels are amazing, I wonder what they would look like on a 1800ES, or your 122:omg:

you give me dirty thoughts...

Redrilling isn't that expensive i would assume.. there a wheel shop locally that i deal with that does it, but it doesn't help that i live in Canada. If you want i can call and get a estimate to give you some idea.

I would just have a competent aluminum welder fill up the stock holes and redrill in the flat area and have a big round 5/16" aluminum plate on the outside with the tapering in it for the lugnuts

Back