• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Redblock knocked...time to upgrade

B6304S is bolt in for a 740, which is what the OP has. Can't tell you any specifics for the auto as I have a T5 manual I am using. Wiring will bolt in too if you disassemble most of the car.

And you get 5 rearward gears too! (They rotate anti-clockwise)

I remember a project thread here (I think?) where someone was swapping in some sort of zoomy Audi motor. I'm not sure when it dawned on them that the Audi motor turned the wrong way, but I want to say it was almost as late as the first drive.

HAHAHA WOW Everyone!

Loving the responses in this thread! Lots of great info!

2jz fits with the stock na intake.
did you install one in your 740? More info and pics please!

Do the B6304S! It'll be a 100% bolt in swap since you are staying auto, and I think your stock driveshaft might even work. I bought a complete S90 for $100 and tore it down for everything I needed. I suppose the junkyard route would work fine too.
The electronics to run the B6304 on a Regina platform are hardly "bolt on"...
Not exactly.

I'm in the middle of a B6 swap, with an AW30-40e, and the 'Homer' swap mounts. The stock AW70/71 driveshaft is too short. It's not possible to move the engine back any further to make up the slack either, since it would then mean cutting the firewall.

Then you need to sort out the coolant hoses, wiring, sensor placement (to have a working coolant gauge), throttle cable, transmission mount, etc etc. I was able to use the stock BW55 tranny mount bracket, but I had to add a 1-1.5" spacer to get it to bolt up to the transmission. I am in the process of making a spacer to allow the stock driveshaft to be used, but if it's thicker than an inch, I'm not going to risk it unless I can be 100% sure it spins true.
B6304S is bolt in for a 740, which is what the OP has. Can't tell you any specifics for the auto as I have a T5 manual I am using. Wiring will bolt in too if you disassemble most of the car.

Looks like some conflicting answers here....lets narrow it down:

1) I have an AW70. I would be open to grabbing the transmission with the B6304 seeing as how the AW70 isnt the strongest thing on earth. If I did, would my driveshaft work? or do I need to stay with the AW70/71 (I could grab an AW71 too) to have my driveshaft work.

2) Does anyone have pictures for fitment (or not) of the motor mounts, tranny mount, driveshaft yadda yadda.

3) I would be running the full electronics from the b6304s .... unless someone says rex can do it..lol

Lets keep this going!

Do a Honda B16, heard you can run massive turbos on doz dangs!

LULZ I need a vape first

You'll have to use the B6304 tranny, since the bellhousing pattern is different than the redblock AW70. It won't fit the whiteblock.

As far as driveshaft...no idea. I guess it depends on where the mounts put the engine vs. how much longer/shorter the AW30/40 is to the AW70.

Sorry for any confusion my post caused. I totally didn't see the part where you said 740.

HAHAHA WOW Everyone!

Loving the responses in this thread! Lots of great info!

did you install one in your 740? More info and pics please!

Looks like some conflicting answers here....lets narrow it down:

1) I have an AW70. I would be open to grabbing the transmission with the B6304 seeing as how the AW70 isnt the strongest thing on earth. If I did, would my driveshaft work? or do I need to stay with the AW70/71 (I could grab an AW71 too) to have my driveshaft work.

2) Does anyone have pictures for fitment (or not) of the motor mounts, tranny mount, driveshaft yadda yadda.

3) I would be running the full electronics from the b6304s .... unless someone says rex can do it..lol

Lets keep this going!

LULZ I need a vape first

And the driveshaft from a 960 sedan with the independent rear suspension and a live axle 960 wagon might be different too. I would try to snatch a complete drive train from a live axle 960 wagon since it basically have the same rear end your car has.

whats your recommendation?

lh2.4 conversion with b230f+t (or ft). That will be easiest and quickest turn around time. Will still be slow though with stock parts lol

You could swap in an aw71 from a turbo car and I'm pretty sure it's a direct swap. Accumulator mod for quick hard shifts and you're good to go.

lh2.4 conversion with b230f+t (or ft). That will be easiest and quickest turn around time. Will still be slow though with stock parts lol

You could swap in an aw71 from a turbo car and I'm pretty sure it's a direct swap. Accumulator mod for quick hard shifts and you're good to go.

Thats a very serious contender here. Theres a 93 at my local yard....thats the best redblock right?

Go B230FT, swap your AW70 for a manual, keep the Regina and buy my Regina dog dish flywheel! :-P

Maybe if you were local!

16v + Turbo would be a great way to go.

If someone forced my to stay redblock, that is what I would do.

Back