• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

242GT 1979 Group C Race Car

Great shots and glad to see some of the changes working well.

I might have to take that idea on using chain for the exhaust hangers. My road race car has been burning up the rubber hangers every few races.

You can get exhaust hangers with a chain embedded in them. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt.

File_Mar_14_1_05_56_PM_large.jpeg
chainhanger-wm_large.jpg

The original 960 exhaust hangers have a metal wire embedded in them as well. Definitely makes them alot more durable.

Self inflicted stuff up.

Missed changing foam in fuel tank and will not do that again.

Tank out and clean up in isle 5 and some new foam to go in on weekend.

The fuel pick up prepump filter paid for itself with interest. I have checked upstream and we have dodged a bullet this time

Very Ugly

The foam looked fine in tank but this is the mess as you pull it out through the filler

LzX1tSxl.jpg

fSSjTsml.png

iXhZUjxl.png

Car booked in Tuesday for exhaust hanger fix. Letting the pros fix it.

Last edited:
Nothing earth shattering but should have sent it in years ago for a proper job. Hang the exhaust properly.

Tank cleaned out and new foam in.

Also had car trailer fixed ready for a couple of long journeys

The new mounts

JySBZaJl.png

MKd8pEQl.png

Only the camber adjustment to make on one side and ready for next outing

You can get exhaust hangers with a chain embedded in them. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt.

File_Mar_14_1_05_56_PM_large.jpeg
chainhanger-wm_large.jpg

Hello Ian, this is real? I have never seen anything like this.
Please tell me the brand and the dealer for a chain embedded hanger.
I see Germany on this. 171 ..... is from mercedes or audi?
Regards, Kay

Last edited:
Some fine tuning on Camber settings after data collection from last two outings. In short we backed some negative camber out of front right. Will be interesting to see how this goes as I have a feeling we are getting close to right combination.

Car preparation is done for next outing apart from fitting the new Coleman 119-112 steering shaft on way from USA.

Will give the car a decent wash and wax and full detail over Easter

KGrolVal.jpg

962QpYxl.jpg

Last edited:
Yes Rubber well on way to perishing and it has some movement

Heres the post that put me onto the solution for us. Look in middle of page 4 for photo comparing Volvo to Coleman

https://ozvolvo.org/discussion/7110/262c-with-ls1#latest

On a race car it should work fine. However, the guy with the V8 loses the collapsing feature, so if he has a front end collision, he will certainly be impaled by it. Easy enough to install a heat shield...

Back