• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

BarnFind 1975 245

Honestly this would make an awesome candidate for a nice good clean-up...

And then yank that ****in' motor out and drop in something badass because no smog.
I'm keeping it original. My 85 is smog exempt so I don't care about that

Nice score, not many early wagons with good paint, and no rust around the windshield and rear quarter windows.
yup Im very happy with this purchase

What did you do with all that bird poo?
garden manure
IMG_20150320_090458683_zpscs6dopdv.jpg

I love dealer license plate frames

Now I know your license plate #.... I'm gonna come in the middle of the night and buttrape you.

Incredible find, why did he park it? Hope it gets a good home!
see post 10
Wife wants it. She is all about stock everything.
Will probably get classic car insurance (Hagerty is $129 per year) and have it as her other car.

Jealous! Congrats.

I love dealer license plate frames

Now I know your license plate #.... I'm gonna come in the middle of the night and buttrape you.

thanks guys

Jeff you been promising for quite some time now...

Nope, I'm just better at towing cars. You'll regret having left that DS connected.

Transmission aside, nice car. Paperwork going to be a challenge?

Thank you, just like you I like how different they are from the later models.
I don't have a fleet of tow trucks at my disposal like you.:-P I towed about 20 240s this way, out of that about 1/3 were autos. Never had any issues with both manual and auto transmissions.

Even if there is something wrong I have two bw55s and one aw70

Paper work should be fine I filled out a "lost title form" with the PO and a "statement of facts." According to a friend of mine who was in the same situation that's all it takes. I also found the last registration receipt in the glove box.

Awww dude thats awesome, that means you can keep the blue plates! IF they look for two of them, but they shouldnt since you have it on paper. Just show them that that plate belongs with that car from the paper work. The registration prooves that.
exactly what I was thinking :-D

Order of operations:
Obtain paperwork
Make it run
Tape off windshield, wash with pressure washer for several hours.
Strip all trim and bright work.

Have a car. Hope it works out.

Thinking of putting in the later 90+ wagon rear gaskets along with 90+ windshield gasket.
I know it takes away from the look of the car but at least it wont rust.

strip all trim ?

Or just bend and kink up the trim, so you have to throw it away, then leave the holes open and make sure your wagon rusts.

That's nice you've got rust under control on that car...mine has it around the rear quarters pretty bad. I've got to get to that and the windscreen.

It's just cheap insurance to DC the DS. Sometimes, we tow auto cars, with engine running, in neutral...if only for short distances.

Back