• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 91 244

UPDATE!

I finally got to drive the car around the block. She runs pretty good considering there is no map sensor or coolant temp sensor hooked up. Needs tunning for boost bad.

Stuff Kyle needs!
-5 ohm resistor
-a good map sensor
-a thermastat
-soldering skills

Also the down pipe is loose from the turbo.

Last edited:
UPDATE!

I finally got to drive the car around the block. She runs pretty good considering there is no map sensor or coolant temp sensor hooked up. Needs tunning for boost bad.

Stuff Kyle needs!
-5 ohm resistor
-a good map sensor
-a thermastat
-soldering skills

Also the down pipe is loose from the turbo.

Hey, at least you got to drive it. Does perfect power not come with a MAP sensor? Do you think you can have it ready by next weekend? Keep at it man, good to see your making some progress

Hey, at least you got to drive it. Does perfect power not come with a MAP sensor? Do you think you can have it ready by next weekend? Keep at it man, good to see your making some progress

Im working fulltime now @ 40 hours. so maybe? :-D

Perfect power doesnt have a map sensore built into it like mega squirt.

**UPDATE**

The 244 runs.
Perfect power is gone, and back came lh 2.4.
its now sporting a 60/63 T3 with CFI injectors, a 960 AMM and almost 300 miles to a tank, with 15lbs of boost.

The bad: The AW70 is finally ready to give up the ghost and the alternator is held on with a bungee cord.
but it did run a 15.2 in the 1/4 and make it to a volvo meet and back.

More to come later

**** yeah!!! that's awesome to hear! I know you really wanted PP to work, but it's good to see that car still with you and running again. After the first of the year I'll be able to not be at work all the damn time. We need to hit the tampa yard for tranny for you and get **** crackin! I was just thinkin the other day about the first time I ever drove your car, I was laughing hysterically because of how slow it was, good to see it's going in the other direction now.

Wow, this is like one of those comeback stories that needs to go on oprah, like a kid beating cancer or something. (problematic power being the cancer). Glad to hear ya got it runnin mang, drive it over to my house in B-ville so we can hang and go volvo stuntin 240 style.

Wow, this is like one of those comeback stories that needs to go on oprah, like a kid beating cancer or something. (problematic power being the cancer). Glad to hear ya got it runnin mang, drive it over to my house in B-ville so we can hang and go volvo stuntin 240 style.

yes i DO need to take a drive up there. but first i need to get this alternator and airfilter problem situated and get a half decent intercooler piping system set up.

you should see it, you will laugh.

you wouldnt happen to know anyone who makes IC piping do you?

Update, the car is still alive, just not too healthy.

The engine is running on 3 cyl with low compression across the board, the aw 70 started slipping in and out of gear and started making a death whine, and has belched up most of its atf.

New game plan:

A 93/94 B230f or ft mated to a T5 worldclass transmission, out of a foxbody mustang.

So far all i have, is the transmission, still on the hunt for an engine.

i plan on using a e-bay t3/t4

more to come

So its been a long time, but the car is not gone nor forgotten.

Some pictures to show whats coming for the car.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Really? Haha, any pictures of the car? I don't even remember what it looks like.

Thanks! Its close to all stock on the outside however, I was inspired by a car built by a guy on here named Ralph, who has a 84 242. He removed the trim and welded up the holes, i plan on doing the same. Also Im a sucker for BBS wheels, so they will get refinished. Other then that the outside of the car will not change. I'm more excited about whats going to happen under the hood :oogle:

Nothing wrong with close to all stock on the outside... ;-) It'll never age!

out with the old

Did some work today.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Now I just need to wash the engine bay and repaint some of it. Also you can see the shiny red block on the engine stand against the wall. I need to send it to a machine shop that they can bore the engine out.

Back