• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Some short crappy movies of my exhaust/engine . . . .

740TurboPerformance

Was screwin' around and though I'd try out the movie mode feature of my SONY DSC-P73 Digital Camera, this is in 640x480, low quality so it kind of sucks being I only had a 128MB memory card that already had some stuff on it. The first one is just a quicky of the engine idling, you can actually hear how the exhaust/engine sounds in the other two videos.

Here are the links to the files (hope the links work and aren't too slow).

http://home.ripway.com/2005-7/345568/740TP_1.MPG

http://home.ripway.com/2005-7/345568/740TP_2.MPG

http://home.ripway.com/2005-7/345568/740TP_3.MPG

hahahaha, I know it's freakin' awful, I have another video where it is actually worse, sounds like sh** but it's cool when people hear that at a stop light and think "man what a POS", then they see you tear off like they can't believe or completely toast them . . . .

Right now this one has 250K on it and whenever I get my new ride, trust me I will not miss that either, hahaha!

10+ meg ... get dr divx and resize those bitches

and haha yea between the piston slap and valve chatter ... damn i so don't miss that

clean as hell looking car tho

OH and finally ... its a ****ing VOLVO DUDE .. if you are gonna sit w/ the door open push in and turn the button for the door chime so it doesn't keep beeping ... i really do hate that sound and am amazed @ how many people that have been driving volvo's for 5+ years STILL don't know about it

Last edited:
yeah sorry about that, I'm just on limited time, if I wasn't I would have taken some better video and used my High8 Digital Camcorder and rendered then compressed the stuff . . . . Thanks! Yeah the valve noise and piston slap really sucks!

:rofl: are you serious with that? you could have at least like moved the camera or something. 30 seconds of looking at the tire/rear quarter? whatever makes you happy!

ben

I know but what was there to see? You're supposed to be "listening" to how the exhaust sounds didn't think there was anything really special to see . . . . Sorry about that, next time I'll try and make it more entertaining . . . .

sure, should have brought the camera when I went on my 200MI trip last weekend, didn't think of it. The wife actually does that really well, i'll have to shoot it next time for you guys (clear highway of course) . . . .

Wow, and I thought my 300000km+ 745T sounded noisy at idle, although I think it sounded that bad when we got it, choice of oil has made it a lot quieter...

Mine has far to much belt noise at the moment, badly needs new acc bushes...

The rev vid was interesting, I'm sure mine shows fair bit more boost than that, I'm probably going to have to go out and check now, although I'll probably wait till Kodak sends me my new digital camera...

yeah, at 250,000 MI the damn thing is just noisey (other than the nice sound of the exhaust), valves have been adjusted (could probably use new valve silencers), belts replaced etc. All the noise does go away after driving. B21's and even B23's should be natrually quieter since they don't get piston slap, older B230's unfortunately do.

I have a 120K block in the garage where everything looks good, cylinderwalls nice and shiney, waiting to be used as a replacement, I may even go with a brand new block depending on if me and the wife agree to keep the old volvos we have. Right now this one has provided us with 65,000 miles of hard driving and reliable, trouble free performance and it's fast.

Last edited:
Sorry, there is a 700MB per day bandwith limit unfortunately, from that janky a** hosting site, seems that we probably hit it again. so try back later or tommorrow, if anyone is willing to host, that'd be really cool . . . .

Back