• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Project car? hahah

Front-end conversion for my 242? hahahaha :lol:

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/cto/4417945137.html

00707_aA7wzktLaWE_600x450.jpg

^ Almost positive I've seen this car around the 'hood multiple times over the last couple of years, recently too. So, it can't be too much of a project. Nice that it has the pre-73 bumpers.

So, 15G swappin' this evening. And the coolant feed hose breaks. The one between the resevoir and the turbo, does anybody have one of these? Having it will only be half the battle, I have no idea how I'll get to you with my car disassembled, hahaha

Improperly clocked turbos make me cry manly tears.
This is some serious ish. Learning to clock at 1AM tho.
Found a section of hose I can use to repair the coolant line, so that will be nice.
Must complete swap before sleep... :zzz:

So, the exhaust housing was counter clockwise a couple degrees, so the centre section did not line up for the oil feed or drain. Whatever, take off the flange ring, mount the exhaust housing, clock the centre and compressor as I mount them, right?

WRONG. The compressor housing is clockwise a few degrees, so the wastegate actuator bracket is interfering with the oil feed line, and will not allow me to either: A) rotate the assembly into position, or B) force the assembly past the feed, into the exhaust housing and cram-ola it into place.

SO, I go to reclock the compressor housing, and find I don't have snap-ring pliers big enough for this task. Tried my largest needle nose, but it didn't get enough hold for the ring to pull out.

That's it. I'm going to sleep. Tomorrow, I require circlip pliers, and much more patience, because mine has worn thin. How this worked on B-rod's car, is honestly beyond me. (actually, it's not, there's only half the oil drain line left from when I pulled it, he had to have cut everything to fit. Maybe it's because his was probs a Garrett car to begin with?)

Have a good night, the epic conclusion comes tomorrow.

Does anybody know of a good wrecking yard around here that is open on weekends and has volvos? It seems as though most places don't understand that a lot of their customer base is at work during their hours of operation.

Or perhaps one of you has a stock rear swaybar for a 240 that you'd like to sell. I'd like to try out some dual sways, just as a little weekend project but i can't seem to source the parts from a wrecking yard or craigslist.

Back