• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Eggcrate grille, what are my options?!?!

crap unfocused cell phone shot. will post a better one later

picture.php

DAMN that looks very nice, oh I want the 740 eggcrate so badly now, a local junkyard here sells it for USD 80...!, is it expensive?

Here it is on a 740 front end chopped off...

The one I showed in my post #4 wasn't mine, it was my friends. So basically I still don't have an eggcrate yet.

I will send you 5 US 740 eggcrate grills if you get me the e-code setup off that 740!!!

-Carlo

I already have it and put it on my car, hmm, interesting deal, but the e-codes are right hand drive, sorry I thought it was LHD earlier.

Bruno nice flat hood grille, how do you space them out? we have plenty of it here, hehehe....

I already have it and put it on my car, hmm, interesting deal, but the e-codes are right hand drive, sorry I thought it was LHD earlier.

I didnt know it made a difference if they were LHD or RHD? maybe the way the wipers lay I suppose...You could get all these sweet USM 7xx egg crates and make some cash selling them to your 7xx buddies over there =D

-Carlo

I didnt know it made a difference if they were LHD or RHD? maybe the way the wipers lay I suppose...You could get all these sweet USM 7xx egg crates and make some cash selling them to your 7xx buddies over there =D

-Carlo

There is a huge difference in the lenses of RHD an LHD lights. Respectively, they point away from the median so as not to blind on coming drivers, if you reverse them, you'll be doing the opposite.;-)

Is there anyway to tell the difference via part numbers or markings, between a 740 egg crate and a 940 egg crate grill?

Is there anyway to tell the difference via part numbers or markings, between a 740 egg crate and a 940 egg crate grill?

It's quite possible they will have a part number which you can cross reference with online volvo parts dealers. Or post a picture of grille.

Back