• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pdx dl

Had a hole in the top of the gas tank. (Don't ask.) With my week off, I wanted to have it repaired.

014-M.jpg

016-M.jpg

Called the radiator shop. "Yeah, we fix those." Awesome. Ran it over there. "Oh, our gas tank guy is out 'til Monday..." Crap.

My keen eye tells me that these are part of a sophisticated rear end collision energy management system. As the rear unibody crushes, some of that energy is transferred into the rear suspension.

Seeing as this is a race car, and therefore faster than everything else on the road, the likelihood of getting rear ended is nil and these are, therefore, unnecessary. And I can trim another 10 lbs off the rear?

019-M.jpg

10418464_10204029297713288_7936130363141573326_n-M.jpg

Taking next week off. Should be able to work on the car for 40 hours straight. It'll be epic. Pizza dude is on speed dial. And, yeah, the wife will be out of town...

You really shouldn't post pictures of nubile young girls unless you want 10 pages of leg humping...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My keen eye tells me that these are part of a sophisticated rear end collision energy management system. As the rear unibody crushes, some of that energy is transferred into the rear suspension.

Seeing as this is a race car, and therefore faster than everything else on the road, the likelihood of getting rear ended is nil and these are, therefore, unnecessary. And I can trim another 10 lbs off the rear?

019-M.jpg

:e-shrug:

More like 3 pounds.

It helps keep the engine from coming back into the firewall in a front end collision as well...

Gas tank is ready! Ben is shipping the wheel studs (spacers to follow). Got a good start on the small brake booster last night (I love laying on my head). Haven't driven it in over a month. Pretty excited.

Busy day. Snagged a fuel pump at the JY. Also found a switch with the image worn off. Going to use it for the fog lights.

image-M.jpg

So, the cam is wonderful. Pulls nicely from 3k to maybe 5k. Super fun. Bottom end feels the same.

Shocks are great. Considering where we started, it's a revelation not to worry about slamming through the stroke of an empty strut.

Sway bars are sweet! Big improvement on the entrance ramp.

I bled the brakes according to the manual, but the pedal is still low. Hope it's not my fancy booster. I'll have my buddy bled them again when he does the alignment.

Pleased with the "stance." 25 1/2" at the front fender lip.

Small alternator, volt meter and rear wheel spacers are on the way.

image-M.jpg

Last edited:
Ah. That was on that '92 we talked about. Must be a snow flake on the switch, but you can barely make it out.

I could always use it for the nitrous...

Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:
Skid mark...

image-M.jpg

Ordered the thinnest spacers Ben has: 16.5 mm. They should arrive next week. He was kind enough to send the studs ahead so I could could swap them during my week off.

image-M.jpg

But the studs look like they would work with the thicker spacers. Thought I could grind the ends off the factory lugs to make an open end (the pictured one is bottomed). But the center caps on the wheels may hit. Hate to cut the nice new studs and have a rough end. Not sure if the lugs would thread on nicely or not.

Back