• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

11s on a basic build?

not if you did a progressive shot, but it still probably wouldn't like it in the end. 75 would drop it a bit. course, if you got a decent head you wouldn't need the naws, just a little bigger turbo.
155722336.jpg

155099172.jpg

it did have rods in it for that, more as a function of abuse than too much power.. with the 16g that was on there I had it making something like 32-33psi at 3400 rpms. with a bigger turbo and lower boost, the same power could be made (higher in the powerband a little) without upgraded rods.. but I had to put a bottom end together anyway, and rods are cheap.

155099172.jpg

it did have rods in it for that, more as a function of abuse than too much power.. with the 16g that was on there I had it making something like 32-33psi at 3400 rpms. with a bigger turbo and lower boost, the same power could be made (higher in the powerband a little) without upgraded rods.. but I had to put a bottom end together anyway, and rods are cheap.

How cheap? And where would you buy them from? I had someone local ask about aftermarket rods. If you were only looking to build a 300 HP engine would you spend the money? It's probably a good time to spend the money because he is buying new pistons for this build.

How cheap? And where would you buy them from? I had someone local ask about aftermarket rods. If you were only looking to build a 300 HP engine would you spend the money? It's probably a good time to spend the money because he is buying new pistons for this build.

I mean it wouldn't hurt at that power level but it's also not really required. since he's getting new pistons, might as well. ebay these days has em for what, $200 or so? I'd get em without rod bolts and then source your own hardware from ARP.

My best on a stock motor with cheap go fast stuff was 13.1 without spraying, with a 75 shot it went 12.40, with a 2.3 60', after I put a decent converter in it the 60' was down to 1.8 and it went 12.40 without spraying. Didn't get to spray it that go round but should have been in the 11's easy. I got a trade offer I couldn't turn down before I had a chance to really see what it could do.

Stock engine, stock head, stock intake, ebay turbo, header and intercooler. Race weight was a hair over 2900.

edit: this was also with a 700r4, 3.08 gears and a 28" tall tire

Last edited:
If you let it shift higher and stayed in the powerband longer, you would’ve done even better...

Back