• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

K-jet warm-up issue

Gentleman, Just for future reference and whatnot - That Delorean place is WONDERFUL. Quick email responses, and a wealth of knowledge.

I was thinking about your issue and it will be good to check control pressure. It may be that it is stuck at one pressure so it kind of runs ok warmed up. But it is at too lean of a mixture for cold running because the control pressure is high.

When I bought my turbo in 1995 it had a cold starting issue where it would start and them immediately stall. It would do about six or seven of these in the morning winter startup and then run ok after that. Hot starting was ok. After about six months I had bought my IPD gauge. The control pressure regulator was clogged and control pressure equaled system pressure. So even the warmed up mixture was too lean.

That seems consistent with what I'm experiencing. It starts up in one revolution, will rev like there's no problem for about 15 seconds and then it's acting like there's no fuel. It pops a bit. I wish I had a wideband to see it in real time, I can see the intake cobra pop up as if it's frontfiring which would also indicate that it's lean. After it's initially warmed up, in runs decent. I notice some weird jumps in power in first - It's not smooth at all, it's like there's nothing then EVERYTHING and its at 5k, and I have to shift. Other gears it's perfectly fine.

I'm about to completely part out an 84 242T, so I'll have spare bits and parts to swap about. Ordered the pressure test kit, and talking to the guy about getting the right length lines made to permanently install a gauge for future troubleshooting. :rofl:

That seems consistent with what I'm experiencing. It starts up in one revolution, will rev like there's no problem for about 15 seconds and then it's acting like there's no fuel. It pops a bit. I wish I had a wideband to see it in real time, I can see the intake cobra pop up as if it's frontfiring which would also indicate that it's lean. After it's initially warmed up, in runs decent. I notice some weird jumps in power in first - It's not smooth at all, it's like there's nothing then EVERYTHING and its at 5k, and I have to shift. Other gears it's perfectly fine.

I'm about to completely part out an 84 242T, so I'll have spare bits and parts to swap about. Ordered the pressure test kit, and talking to the guy about getting the right length lines made to permanently install a gauge for future troubleshooting. :rofl:

I've seen a VDO electric oil pressure gauge and sending unit listed for use as a fuel pressure gauge.

Back