• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

china turbo oil drain or oil intake

Jack

junkman
just to make sure

big one drain small one intake?

71Xn0Gzh.jpg

HlB33Gph.jpg

looking for AN10 adapter for this - mine is too small
r8FyDlLh.jpg

pNoi8JQh.jpg

Careful with that socket-less hose, I wouldn’t use that for a turbo oil feed. The heat from the turbine housing will soften up the rubber hose, and it may fail.

Don't use any RTV or sealant goop on a turbo oil inlet. Best option is a bolt on flange adapter with a gasket or o-ring to the top of the turbo, then a 37deg (AN) flare fitting to your oil line.

Big one is the drain, yep.

Use JIC fittings instead. :ninja:

I used the kinugawa kit, its only $20 bucks and has the pre made line and some fittings. May have to drill the inlet banjo bolt though as I did. It was only like .041" oil feed. Depending if you have a journal or ball bearing turbo.

Last edited:
Don't use any RTV or sealant goop on a turbo oil inlet. Best option is a bolt on flange adapter with a gasket or o-ring to the top of the turbo, then a 37deg (AN) flare fitting to your oil line.

Big one is the drain, yep.

I get it but also feel like this is advice for people who don?t know how to use thread sealant properly. That said I?ve never had a turbo that had pipe thread on the inlet so idunno

I get it but also feel like this is advice for people who don?t know how to use thread sealant properly. That said I?ve never had a turbo that had pipe thread on the inlet so idunno

There is some truth to that. It's a "best practice" though and not worth risking clogging the very small internal oil passages IMO.

Back