• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Atom's Amazon Wagon Project Update Thread

Funny...I am at the same stage with the dash and have arrived at the same conclusions.

At a glance, it looks like the P1800 dash could be made to fit. And I fully agree it would be the ideal choice.

But then when I got to trying to make it work, it requires not only all new dash metal, but also re-designing all the HVAC stuff. Just not up to that especially as the design intent is to have as few bespoke parts as possible for future maintenance.

So, ended up with this plan and hope to blend in some retro with wood accents

Really look forward to your updates. Wish mine was going as fast as yours.

Pete

Yeah, that looks about right. Since I have to add a bunch of material to the top of the E30 dash to get it to fit the windshield contour, I’m going to add the design “lines” that the Amazon pad had in it. I’m also going to add polished aluminum accents to match the Amazon dash (chrome). Finally, I’m going to delete the E30 drop down glove box and add a parcel tray instead (I think).

Last edited:
Do you have a Volvo parcel tray? We have a repo not yet installed if you need to look at one?
I'm headed up again on Sunday.

Do you have a Volvo parcel tray? We have a repo not yet installed if you need to look at one?
I'm headed up again on Sunday.

I don’t have one. I wouldn’t mind looking a stock one, but I’m gonna be gone pretty much all day on Sunday. I think pictures might be enough.

Last edited:
d4526f9b981af3372da2f29699eac6dd.jpg
9f031b9cb1e7af985fe8bbfabb72c8fb.jpg
b8cae7192a31a57ac0cecb781b0857f4.jpg
37dc8c912981b420a229b7c0d561cd40.jpg
07bc1da2cbde37ebe019adc0d712c09c.jpg
60fec7585d9cdb55a88def52b539df69.jpg
efdb41ab45a289093cf75fdf162716b4.jpg
e03976a0a3cadc82275050316f07981a.jpg
27a4026b287262a3fa0109ded3636d68.jpg
ce2ddba6776379c5c32fe502ebd47997.jpg

Rad! Flat bottom to give you more schoochin' room for ingress & egress?

Yezzir. I’m what they refer to as “husky”. LOL. Plus it’s kinda sporty. Mostly just messing around. Eventually I want to put in a Nardi or something wood.

How did you flatten it?

Thought sure you were gonna say somethin' about altered floor/seat heights and clearance for some heel/toe action...

I really enjoy following this thread. Seems your skill set is matched with your imagination quite well. Haha. Look forward to seeing that interior as it gets completed.

How did you flatten it?

Thought sure you were gonna say somethin' about altered floor/seat heights and clearance for some heel/toe action...

Cut hoop
Clamp square tube in vise to make an anvil
Hammer flat
Remove overlap
Weld back together

After round two of seat pan mods, I?ve got the seating position just about right. I really flattened it for two reasons. A) I like the look, B) BMW guys DON?T like it and I sometimes feel the need to toss in some hate with my build.

I really enjoy following this thread. Seems your skill set is matched with your imagination quite well. Haha. Look forward to seeing that interior as it gets completed.

I think the door panels are going to be the most interesting part. Trying to decide exactly how I want to do those.

Somehow I keep picking cars to build that don’t have cup holders though, so I need to figure that out too.

I absolutely loved the V70 cup holders in my 01 T5, and the plastic case is trimmed out in a way that it'll fit into a sheet metal box very easily and look finished. I'm gonna try jamming one of those between the seats in mine.

I absolutely loved the V70 cup holders in my 01 T5, and the plastic case is trimmed out in a way that it'll fit into a sheet metal box very easily and look finished. I'm gonna try jamming one of those between the seats in mine.

I have a center console w/cup holder insert out of an E46 BMW. I?m gonna try and blend the two together, pull a mold and pop a part that other E30 guys could use and just source their own E46 cup holder insert.

I?m thinking the other way round. Dual 700 hp electric motors, awd American muscle.

See, I don?t think that would make anyone mad. Now putting OG real hydraulics and 13x7 wire wheels on an Enzo, they might create some anger

youd be surprised at how much hate electrics get on the drag strip. Especially when hoods are open and theres a two coffee can sized motors knocking off turbo big blocks. Personally I want to do a through the road hybrid on some junky WWD car like a 850, then throw about 7-800hp at the rear wheels through a electric motor. Pop the hood, "oh look, little itty bitty 2.5t" running 8s

See, I don?t think that would make anyone mad. Now putting OG real hydraulics and 13x7 wire wheels on an Enzo, they might create some anger

No doubt the 13x7 wires would upset some -- but taking off those 14.8" rotors and calipers so they'd fit --- that might incur the death penalty by the prancing horse tifosi.

Back