• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Are there any Poly Bushings for the 960?

HiSPL

Fanking Champion 1993
I need to redo pretty much all the rubber under my car (96 960).

I'm hoping that somebody has made or found poly bushings for this app. Anyone? Bueller???

I've heard some people fill the rear control arm bushings with windshield urethane. Those seem to be the trouble bushings on the late front ends.

Stabilizer bar

Hi,

I know at least the front stabilizer bar rubbers can be bought in Poly. Make sure you buy the right diameter, because they're sold per mm difference (diameter of the bar), and measure your mounted bar, because they may change per car.

Left my old bushings, right the fresh poly. And yes, they needed to be changed :lol:

Stabibussen_zpsrtgsu10g.jpg

I've heard some people fill the rear control arm bushings with windshield urethane. Those seem to be the trouble bushings on the late front ends.

Mine are rattling for sure.

Do you use a new bushing and fill it with goo? Or do you just spooge the goo into the old bushing?

I have tried to put the "window weld" in the bushing with no luck. I haven't heard of anyone else who did it successfully either. I scuffed them up pretty well, and washed them nice, but the second you put the car on the ground, the window weld just separates immediately. I don't know if it is possible to get good adhesion. Maybe if you heat the whole thing up when you do it?

i may have a solution for this .. it's in the works and not yet ready . does ned some cutting and welding but will solve this issue once and for all this is what it looks like

a spherical bearing with a polyreutan liner that is replacable and can be tightened aswell fully rebuildable

what needs to be done is to cut off the two cones that hold the arm in Place today

add a weldnut to the bracked and add a reinforcement washer to the brace when the ocne is removed

after this it's all bolt on

DSC_0004.JPG

and this is what it looks

DSC_0319.jpg

Yea.... was going to rig up something similar... Big problem is the mounting studs as they have funky geometry... unless you dont mind cutting them off and putting new hardware in.

How may Krona for these darlings?:omg::cool:

well the Control arms with bushings installed will be in the ~$200 region each

other than that a nut has to be fabricated and welded in Place and the factory studs need to be removed and a new bolt needs to be installed

the bolt in this application that i'm looking at is ~m16 or m14 with bushing

Could that be used a road car for any length of time? Or will grist and debris wear it out quickly?

it should and one may also add dust cover of some sort.. still working on that one ..

but it's built for offroad racing and if being sligtly loose it can be retightned and when the day comes it's fully rebuildable

Back