• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

fuel distributor rebuild kit info needed

autoloclys

There are a number of rebuild kits available on ebay via "cis-jetronic" (they also have a standalone webstore)

This is the kit i believe I need

Does anyone have any experience with their product?

Can anyone confirm the correct kit for the B21FT in an 1984 245?

Any advice or links to detailed info on the procedure to do the rebuild?

Under the years of grime and grease on the body of the fuel distributor you should see a small brass/metal plate with a model number - as long as it matches the kit I'd think you're good to go. I'll let more experienced folks chime in but I've always been hesitant to disassemble one of these units - they can be picky about how they go back together...

yes, try soaking it first with mineral spirits or berryman b12. if that does not work, i would highly recommend sending it to john hervey at delorean auto parts for a rebuild or a refurbished one. unless you know exactly what you are doing and using permatex indian head, it's guaranteed to either leak or not be calibrated correctly.

I have taken two apart, one survived. Really not much to go wrong except for trash blown through the fuel filter.

What are you trying to fix?

Its probably premature to say for certain that the fuel dist is the root cause of my issue. my current situation is that its much easier to do internet research than spend time under the hood doing proper diagnosis (2 small kids, long commute and no garage space/poor lighting in the driveway) I am new to fuel injection in general and mechanical injection in particular. I do have the bentley manual and I know there is a step by step procedure for going through a CIS system that starts upstream of the fuel distributor and I have not been able to work through that yet.

the issue is an 84 245 Ti that has sat for a couple years is now my project. It is running only on 3 cylinders (missing #2 from the front). Spark is good. Injector is clear. With the injector removed the fuel line to it, is only dribbling an anemic amount of fuel. So i suspect an issue at the distributor, since even with the missing cylinder the engine runs well enough that i doubt fuel delivery is an issue for the other cylinders.

happy for more opinions though

Wash the diaphragm before using, note the stick out of the plunger before you remove it, don't use any gasket sealing goop. If the springs and seats and discs are all in the right place it should go together nice and snug. Be patient and meticulous. The Delorean guys do a good job ($$$) compared to the cost of the rebuild kit. You need to make sure the screens are very clean. Soak the parts and find a way to agitate the solution, home made ultra -sonic.

I was able to fix fuel delivery (make it almost even on all injectors) and get good performance by running couple of gallons of 30% agricultural strength vinegar through the system. Did that to may be 5 K-jet systems back in the day. It will not help if the diaphragm is worn out or corroded but it cleans out calcium and grime very well.

K-Jet Is FANTASTIC

K-Jet fuel dist usually last 500K before needing a rebuild !! BUT they really dont like sitting around for long periods . Run the strongest fuel cleaner in the gas tank for 3-4 fill up,s if you can ,,, believe me it, not a amateur,s repair job ( opening one up ) I watched a cuban mechanic rebuild one as he was talking and explaining to me what he was doing in Miami it was one for a Rabbit Volkswagen. The springs have to be just the right height , than there are these flying saucers, really not a easy job . Now if you can take apart a swiss clock , AND put it back together go for it .. I usually just clean the out side -lotsa fuel cleaner an drive it hard

Back