• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Sender float ball fell off inside gas tank

speedn_j

Banned
Was changing intank pump and the floater popped off inside the tank. Been trying to fish it out for the last hour. Would filling the tank with more gas work or would emptying the tank be a better option? Has 3/4 right now. It's stuck in the far corner and can't get it to float out no matter what I do

Or failing that, what about jacking the car up at different points in order to induce it to float in the correct direction towards the opening?

I would try a coat hanger with a loop on the end just slightly larger than the loop on the float arm.

Try to lift it up using the hoop as a basket. Kinda like the little "tool" in an easter egg dye kit.

I jumped the fuses and it fired right up. Took the jumper off and it still ran. Drive around for a bit ..went to a friend's house ..then to the liquor store. Ran like a dream. I come out of the store and it won't start. I jumper it again and it struggles. 30 minutes later I got it going..thinking the main pump is shot also

Back