• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Making the Brick Faster

Your issue isn't gearing, it is that turbo. 25psi on a big compressor is going to choke the life out of that little tdo4. They are great 200whp turbos but you are starting to push things beyond that.

I offer some economical billet t3/t4 turbos in the $700 range that can be sized to your desired performance. If it were me I would stretch the budget a bit more and go for a borg warner sxe. Just outside your price range form Full Race but worth the additional cost in my opinion.

I'm going to give the turbo more time on the car and figure out how to fix the bpv problem. I put soap water around the turbo. It didn't just bubble it shot soap water everywhere during a pressure test. I wonder if there are better direct replacement recirculating BPV's for these cars?

I'm not sure why the vacuum is around 0 on the gauge. The car seems to run fine other than a high idle 1400 when warm. I can't adjust it out with idle adjustment on the throttlebody. Maybe I'm off a tooth somewhere. Any guesses?

I'm not sure why the vacuum is around 0 on the gauge. The car seems to run fine other than a high idle 1400 when warm. I can't adjust it out with idle adjustment on the throttlebody. Maybe I'm off a tooth somewhere. Any guesses?

I was wondering about the zero inches of vacuum thing. It stays at zero at idle, too?

Does it just idle high after driving it? Or will it idle up to 1400 just sitting there? Thinking speed sensor if it's the former.

Says 0 at idle, when cold it idles around 1000 then goes up to 1400 and stays. I'm going to hook up another boost/vac gauge directly to intake after the throttle plate to see if maybe I'm getting a false reading.

It's hooked up to the throttle body barb that points to the front of the car on a T that goes to the wastegate if I remember right. I'll have to take a look at it later to make sure I'm telling you that right.

It's hooked up to the throttle body barb that points to the front of the car on a T that goes to the wastegate if I remember right. I'll have to take a look at it later to make sure I'm telling you that right.

I don't know the specifics of that particular TB, but it seems like maybe you've got it plugged into a ported vacuum barb. One that's slightly before the throttle plate and never sees vacuum.

Back