View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 08:00 PM   #248
lookforjoe
Making Volvo Parts Fit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
Isn't it amazing how different it feels, driver vs. passenger? Faced with the same exact shenanigans, one person says "exhilarating" while the other frantically grabs any Oh Sh!t bar within reach.

Having just found and read most of this thread, I'm impressed. But I admit my confusion -- there was no conjunction between "I'm dedicated to making the LH Volvo stuff work at any cost" and "I've found a completely different direction to take this project." Why the transition? I'm guessing the Honda motor fell into your lap and you couldn't resist? That little Fiat motor (and control thereof) was starting to look pretty darn good. Made me wonder about doing a similar thing to my own non-Volvo.

I also couldn't quite figure out from the pictures what you did with those frame sections in the middle. Lengthen the wheelbase?

Overall, it looks like you've created a very impressive little Hot Wheels toy. How much actual "Fiat" is left in that thing, anyway?

I did take the LH 2.4 conversion as far as I could - it ran very well indeed. Just not enough HP to squeeze out of a 1600 that would be commensurate with the revised body work :D

I didn't alter the footprint of the X1/9 in terms of chassis, suspension & steering specification. Not sure what you mean by the frame sections, exactly. I had to section elements for Honda drivetrain clearance .... I bought the drivetrain (JDM), hard to find a US car that would have had only 60K on it, and the JDM K24 has better spec than the US version.

So, it's still Fiat, just improved upon.

Got it off the jack stands yesterday, gave it a quick wash - it looks pretty good overall. I want to drive it for a couple weeks before I pull the drivetrain & finish the undercarriage repairs.

My XR July2013 - 446AWHP @ 8K rpm Feedback Thread
lookforjoe is offline   Reply With Quote