• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 2016 East vs. West Competition.

I should add about the misfire...

...when it misfires, usually past 4800 RPM or so, my tach drops out and loses signal. Not completely, but just about. Going by memory, it kinda drops down and flutters around 2k-3k once I get above 5k.

All ignition components except the power stage and crank angle sensor are ~2 months new: cap, rotor, plugs, wires, MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD 6A. I am not using a tach adapter as I didn't lose my tach when I installed the MSD. I am not using the double coil setup either.

If you have any ideas, LMK! gsellstr already suggested checking the CAS and power stage, as those sound like the most likely culprits to interfere with the tach. Any other ideas, LMK. I would love to get a good run at full steam!
What are your plugs gapped too? Could be spark blow out?

Wouldn't cause the tach dropout though.

The 7/9 tach's run off a flyback signal, so the lack of a tach adapter could be feeding into the issue even if it works at lower rpm, plus I would suspect either a power stage or crank sensor causing a dropout on the control side.

Wouldn't cause the tach dropout though.

The 7/9 tach's run off a flyback signal, so the lack of a tach adapter could be feeding into the issue even if it works at lower rpm, plus I would suspect either a power stage or crank sensor causing a dropout on the control side.

I will be out of town and away from the car for a few weeks, but I will try the power stage and CAS first as I have some spares in the garage. If that doesn't do it, I'll spring for a tach adapter and hope for the best. Thanks! :-D

Okay, MS box shipped out to Kenny today. Once he's done working some magic on it, reinstallation time, hopefully before it gets really hot out this way. Then once I have some funds, get the 531 installed and see how bad the trans blows. Hopefully I can get a tune on it around 18psi, see what it'll do with the nice head and full tune. Should be fun!

Last edited:
I'm 231 East Side

Swedish-Rocket
1990 Volvo 240
B230F+T 15G E85 M&H Slicks Open Diff 3.73
Location (East) and Class (Turbo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb4LLTS_nN4&feature=youtu.be

I made two passes the first one I messed up and this one my alternator stopped working. If I can get my 60' times down and adjust the boost to come on quicker plus more seat time under 13.5 would be possible.

Last edited:
hey brah, move me up a bracket.
163161854.jpg

Back