• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Motorcycle carbs on a B21

Last time I the air box off my bike it wouldn't run for sh1t without the air box on it. Put the air box on and everything is peachy.

Not surprising. Changes in the airflow alter the air/fuel ratio.

Best to do the tuning with all equipment installed for the best results.

Sorry for the teaser. I took a short drive through the neighborhood, nothing over 35 and can't go out on the main roads as I don't have it insured yet. But driving through the neighborhood the carbs felt great, no dead spots in the low range, and can lug it in 3rd and go WOT and it responds nicely. Still have some other things to work on to make it driveable though.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rugddkduKPg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
YeWLJdxl.jpg

and the post we've all been waiting months for...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zuFD9f1bG2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3 Things:
1. Awesome job with this conversion.
2. Is that fuel hitting the camera then evaporating, If so Why? and good god get that fixed!
3. Still a little shacky at idle so a carb balance is needed.

:volvo:

3 Things:
1. Awesome job with this conversion.
2. Is that fuel hitting the camera then evaporating, If so Why? and good god get that fixed!
3. Still a little shacky at idle so a carb balance is needed.

:volvo:

2: Yes it is fuel, it seems to be quite normal for sidedraft carbs whether it be these motorcycle carbs or webers. My webers did this too. Take a look at this video
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ChdPrHP4FQQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3: They are synced, thats just what the engine looks like at 850rpms with a k cam.

Nice.
Ditching the carbs, or.....

Did you pick that up from Impolvo? I didn't look at it in detail when I was there, but he had an engine/tranny in his shed when I was there last weekend.

Probably going to end up running the turbo motor. Every time I drive my friends 745 turbo wagon with a 16t I'm blown away by it and how much fun it is. So this carb setup may very well be up for sale soon.

I picked up this motor and tranny from a guy in Fayetnam for $50

Probably going to end up running the turbo motor. Every time I drive my friends 745 turbo wagon with a 16t I'm blown away by it and how much fun it is. So this carb setup may very well be up for sale soon.

holler. :rofl::rofl:

I'm putting penta carbs on mine for the time being, I got a manifold and carbs for a reasonable price. Depending on what you end up wanting for the setup, I'll probably put your setup on there.

I'll go second dibs on the carb setup (depending on how much you are wanting out of it) if Hotdoggin is happy with his penta.
My K-jet isn't happy, so it is either a deep dive into K-jet troubleshooting/repair or carbs for me.

In either case, I'd love to hear some of the tech stuff you ran into with the project - ignition / fuel system changes, vacuum issues, etc.

I'm still waxing romantic about a set of Webers, but this is my DD not a show car. ;-)

I'll go second dibs on the carb setup (depending on how much you are wanting out of it) if Hotdoggin is happy with his penta.
My K-jet isn't happy, so it is either a deep dive into K-jet troubleshooting/repair or carbs for me.

In either case, I'd love to hear some of the tech stuff you ran into with the project - ignition / fuel system changes, vacuum issues, etc.

I'm still waxing romantic about a set of Webers, but this is my DD not a show car. ;-)

Come out to Cars & Coffee on Saturday in Moorisville!

Come out to Cars & Coffee on Saturday in Moorisville!

grrrrrrrr
I doubt I'll be able to make it out tomorrow, unless I can convince my wife that I (or we) need to go to Morrissville before noon. :)

I'll see if she's up for it - I know we have plans in the afternoon/evening for sure.

Back