• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

turbo choice on f+t 8 valve

Been talking to Greg at go-autoworks and I think a t3/t4 50 trim is going to be the winner. They can put the wastegate on the exhaust housing so wont have to deal with a custom manifold.

Been talking to Greg at go-autoworks and I think a t3/t4 50 trim is going to be the winner. They can put the wastegate on the exhaust housing so wont have to deal with a custom manifold.

if you go that route, make sure you get one of the better housings and not the old school 5 bolt housing.

Alot of people run CheapO eBay t04e turbos with .63 exhaust housing. Should be good for 300 with supporting mods. I got mine for $180aud.

if you go that route, make sure you get one of the better housings and not the old school 5 bolt housing.

He's got both 4 bolt and 5 bolt outlet T3 housings in stock. I think a 4 bolt with a .63AR should work fine. I'm shooting to have this whole thing together by the spring SE meet. Fingers crossed.

I'm not going the chinabay choo choo boi turbo route. I just don't want to **** with some $200 turbo that may or may not work out of the box and is definitely not going to be good long term when a brand new turbo from garrett can be had for under $700.

Last edited:
If you get a 240 turbo 5 bolt .63 housing. Then you won't have to machine the step off the 90+ manifold. Just have to upgrade the studs on the 90+ manifold to ten mm studs.

You would also have to hog the hell out of the exhaust housing. Just because the AR is the same doesn't mean the exhaust wheel will fit in there. Alot more variables then AR

Where would a holset hx35 compare to a 50 trim t3/t4? It should be larger correct?

If I was going to do a holset I would do a he341, spooled about the same as the eBay 57trim but at the same time if it's your daily driver why make a mess out of it? For a daily the tcam 16t on a n/a bottom end is my personal go to

Just in the middle of mapping B230F+T, 16T and A-cam.
280 Lbsft on gasoline and 320 with RE85. Likes to knock on gasoline at 1,2 - 1,3 bar, and timing is dropped around 10 Deg. Takes nicely more timing with RE85, about 16 Deg.
Engine is still on Dyno, but hopefully in car next week.

Back