• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

my 940 b230fk 350hp build

350bhp or whp? Injectors seem a bit small for that goal.

With a stock head, stock manifolds it is going to take a lot lot lot of boost to make 350bhp.

lorcand20 - I'm still using the Deka injectors. I'd use the larger AMM you have - if you find you need to change it you can put your old AMM guts into a slightly larger tube. There is a formula to work it out somewhere. I bought larger injectors when I went +T - I knew they were too big for my set up as it was then so wasn't expecting it to be perfect. When I put a larger turbo on & my rich bog was still there I realised that just having a 960 AMM & calling it done was not enough. I'm using a 3.5" tube now, slightly too big - possibly not quite rich enough at full throttle but does not bog at all. May line the tube with a 1 or 2mm something if I need to richen it up.
@Sweep - Still have the same injectors - when this thread came up -
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=326991&page=2
(see post#33 by gross polluter & the video at #52) I saw the light! - just ignore the usual TB complimentary chit chat. I put the injectors in a Kjet head so now the nozzles are a lot closer to & shoot straight at the back of the intake valve.

350bhp or whp? Injectors seem a bit small for that goal.

With a stock head, stock manifolds it is going to take a lot lot lot of boost to make 350bhp.

I've a man making me a tubular exhaust manifold, and il port the head and gasket match when building back up. What size of injectors do u recommend?

Your 352whp is on stock head and manifolds at 2 bar? Impressive.

stock b21et longblock (7.5:1) with a v-cam 90+, na k-jet intake. The rest is bolt-ons and tuning. 98ron, 30psi and 19degrees timing at torque peak. Suprised people in here don't do more with the low compression b21ft's instead of swapping in newer b230's.

*edit:

OP needs a better fuel pump and bigger injectors to reach power goal. I was at 83% dc with siemens 60lb running with a dodge 55psi fpr. And with that much fuel pressure and boost the crappy walbro 255hp wouldn't cut it, so I had to buy a DW300 340lhp pump.

Last edited:
stock b21et longblock (7.5:1) with a v-cam 90+, na k-jet intake. The rest is bolt-ons and tuning. 98ron, 30psi and 19degrees timing at torque peak. Suprised people in here don't do more with the low compression b21ft's instead of swapping in newer b230's.

*edit:

OP needs a better fuel pump and bigger injectors to reach power goal. I was at 83% dc with siemens 60lb running with a dodge 55psi fpr. And with that much fuel pressure and boost the crappy walbro 255hp wouldn't cut it, so I had to buy a DW300 340lhp pump.

Daaaaamn that's a LOT of timing!

*edit:

I'm eventually going to build up a B21FT. I'd like to learn more about your car.

Daaaaamn that's a LOT of timing!
That's the beauty of "stone age" low compression

Much timing = much power
Low compression = much timing

I'm eventually going to build up a B21FT. I'd like to learn more about your car.

It's just a b21et longblock (similar to you're b21ft) with a v cam, k-jet intake and the siemens deka 60's in the k-jet holes in the head, dodge/bosch 55psi fpr, dw300 intank, 90+ with a holset hy35, 3" exhaust, generic ebay 3" ic, stock dizzy with a accel/jacobs ultracoil controlled by the aftermarket ems. 352whp @ 5662rpm and 345 ft.lb. @ 4947rpm. With bent m-rods, thanks to a faulty cps leading to a bad HG and general abuse before it was changed and then dyno'ed

Like the chrome BRI WASTED spark coil & amplifier bracket? WANNA share your source, part #

stock b21et longblock (7.5:1) with a v-cam 90+, na k-jet intake. The rest is bolt-ons and tuning. 98ron, 30psi and 19degrees timing at torque peak.

Suprised people in here don't do more with the low compression b21ft's instead of swapping in newer b230's.

*edit:

me too but most people here don't want to make boost.. They seem content with 12-13 and must have never heard the saying "Life begins at 20psi"...
Plus this is America, home of alt-truth and fake news, so everybody says "That's just your opinion...my cousin met a guy at 7-11 whose uncle in ___________(thousand miles aways) siad he knew a guy with a ___________ (whatever) who had 10.5 compression and a __________turbo and he made 450 with a all stock motor with 300,000 miles on it no problem" and that story counts the same to most people as your specifications..

And , everybody brings up that "low comp means it's a dog off boost"..

It is all very strange....

Your 352whp is on stock head and manifolds at 2 bar? Impressive.

Volvo did it themselves 35 years ago in their Group A roadracers..Group A mandated ORIGINAL head, intake and exhaust manifolds, stock valve sizes, stock rod and piston dimensions and weight and whatever turbo was homologated and Volvo used a pretty ordinary T3....and the orignal fuel and management system--so K-Jet

Nobody is restricted by those rule here.. 2 bar boost/30 psi cars are just flat hilarious.

...my cousin met a guy at 7-11 whose uncle in ___________(thousand miles aways) siad he knew a guy with a ___________ (whatever) who had 10.5 compression and a __________turbo and he made 450 with a all stock motor with 300,000 miles on it no problem" QUOTE]

This sounds like every YouTube LS swap video

Back