• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ebay 240 front center armest covers

SlowRide

Cold War Crumple Zones
Yay or nay? Anyone tried 'em, got pics? Searched and, well...:run:

The ones I'm looking at are $35 shipped.

Last edited:
Alrighty then!!

Bought said covers from aaaupholster.com. Bought one 13" and 14" as I have gaggle of them, and the 14" definitely needs recovering.

They arrived quickly after shipment notification via paypal, they shipped about a week after purchase.

IMG_4084_1.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

The stitching seems to be good, but there isn't a straight seam between the two of them. A couple runs are pinched creating dimples and waves. I

Here's the 13", this one didn't actually need a new cover, but it's the worst of the two.

IMG_4089.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

And the 14"
IMG_4086_1.jpg

IMG_4088_1.jpg

IMG_4087_1.jpg

Maybe they'll relax. Anyhow, probably worth the bacon if you get a straight one, but I wouldn't know. Thoughts?

Also, upon closer inspection, having been stuffed in one of those white-ish plastic shipping bags, the vinyl on each shows buffing on the creases that made contact with the bag.

Might be able to get Meemaw to tear 'em up and resew the wonky bits.

Emailed the guy, sent him the pics, he says he fitted them both to armrests before shipping. Funny, because I fitted the 13" to three other armrests, and they all look like crap.

Before I return them, at cost to me plus 20% restocking fee, is there something I'm doing wrong? I left the covers in a hot Florida garage for a day or so to relax before putting them back on: No dice.

I might keep the 14" because I think I can add some additional foam to help fill it out.

Last edited:
Emailed the guy, sent him the pics, he says he fitted them both to armrests before shipping. Funny, because I fitted the 13" to four other armrests, and they all look like crap.

Before I return them, at cost to me plus 20% restocking fee, is there something I'm doing wrong? I left the covers in a hot Florida garage for a day or so to relax before putting them back on: No dice.

I might keep the 14" because I think I can add some additional foam to help fill it out.

That's going to be your best bet but as others pointed out: you can't fix the wavy stitching and crappy craftmanship. Now we know why he bailed from Ebay....

I really did try to get the 13" cover to work. I have three medium brown and a blue cloth and vinyl 13" armrests, and they're all in excellent shape. Nice and taught.

I didn't tell the guy I was basically reviewing them on a forum, I don't think it would help.

I really did try to get the 13" cover to work. I have three medium brown and a blue cloth and vinyl 13" armrests, and they're all in excellent shape. Nice and taught.

I didn't tell the guy I was basically reviewing them on a forum, I don't think it would help.

Those look like crap. Thanks for posting.
I would send him a link to this thread.

Back