• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

77 244 Going for Junkyard TB Glory

I work with a lot of electrical connections at the Ford plant and have started using the modern OEM crimp connectors a little more. The multi pin latching connectors with weatherpack seals. They're not too bad time wise to put together and are a little more pricey but they work really well and are good for servicing. Otherwise I try to avoid as much crimping, cutting, or modifying of any harnesses I can.

The weatherpack design I've read is designed for 50 connect/disconnect cycles total.... way more than enough for our needs.

I bought an aluminum underdrive pulley on ebay for a decent price. I didn't realize it was an underdrive pulley when I bought it but it is 5 lbs 1 oz lighter and looks nicer. I guess that makes me a ricer now.

New wastegate bracket comes today. I'll try to add brakes this weekend. Might be getting a 1031 this weekend too.

Car got hit by an F150 today. So that really sucks.

42677636931_260d06f5d9_z.jpg

27809509777_2e43d556f7_z.jpg

42677635431_41fa251b77_z.jpg

42677633961_9a099c8d55_z.jpg

Damn man, I'm sorry, I hate seeing this stuff. Never surprised to see how 'the other guy' looks compared to our Volvos...They can take a punch.

I think the car is fixable.

Traffic came to an abrupt stop. I was able to come to a stop thanks to the rx-7 calipers. The f150 was behind me. He locked up all his wheels trying to stop, swerved the left passed me and then lost it ans swerved into my fender.

I think the car is fixable.

Yes, certainly looks it. Strut tower should push back as stated; frontal structure where bumper mounts may be more challenging..... but salvageable. What does your insurance company say? In GA that car would be totaled and your only hope to restore to legality would be a "rebuilt title"...... hopefully your state doesn't have such shenanigans......

I drove it home. It seems to drive all right. Fender, bumper, are trash obviously. Strut tower doesn't look like it was really pushed in. The "frame" where the bumper shock mounts is a little tweaked, my brand new exhaust that I just make is a little tweaked and scraped, my MR2 seat mounts are now crash tested and proven. The whole core support may need to be replaced or adjusted as well. Things are a little crooked now.

Back