• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sander's 745 16V + Turbo project

Impules buys ftw :-P

I got the springs from a friend of mine who at the time worked at the factory where they where made. I got them for a special price. Don't know where to get them the regular way tho.

Well, before pulling the engine out, starting next saturday or sunday, I made two brackets today to mount two swaybars at the rear (i'll make the front ones tomorrow):

dsc03128c.jpg

It drives really funny with two in the back and one 21mm in the front. It does not roll anymore in the back and when you go around a corner too fast the back steps out which is really easy to control. Sideways over roundabouts is a lot of fun :-P

Well, I started with the teardown this afternoon. I hope to have the engine out and on the engine stand tomorrow:

dsc03136.jpg

dsc03151.jpg

I also put the IC in to see where it should be and think of some brackets to hold it in place:

dsc03192.jpg

dsc03194b.jpg

dsc03196f.jpg

Nice! I now see again you have the old style front end, you don;t see that too often on 16V's. I like it:nod:

Can't you place the IC more forward? Between the headlights?
The stock e-fan won't fit now (if you put the radiator in place as well). I had the same problem and now have two ''push'' e-fans.

And the double swaybars:cool:
I think I'm going to try that as well.

Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to see the progress and end result!:-D

Old front end ftw! haha :-P Its going to be a little of a puzzle to get everything to fit properly, but it will fit eventually :-P

I made a second set of these brackets btw, you can have them if you want. You do have to bend them in shape but the holes etc are already drilled.

You mean the brackets for the top? I used the stock volvo ones. I can't see the brackets in your pictures. Got a pic of them? I mean FREE:) haha
Going to use this opportunity to show off...:-P
P5213687-1.jpg

Don't know from which car these were. Just bended them a bit.

Edit: 700-series 16VT FTW

haha no i ment the brackets to mount double swaybars in the rear ;-) and yes, for free. I still need to make the brackets to fit the ic and the rad.

It's possible to mount that IC AND radiator using volvo brackets AND using the stock e-fan..

How I know ? I've done it.

I know it can be done, but it gives you very little space. I could 've just mount the stock efan away from the waterpump pulley.

But I think its too cramped when you want to work on your car. Or am I forgetting something?

I'll see how tight it gets haha :-P

@J2, did you get my PM last week or something? I still need some parts :-P

Finally got the engine out today:

dsc03197p.jpg

dsc03198.jpg

dsc03211h.jpg

dsc03212.jpg

dsc03215k.jpg

dsc03216.jpg

PM gehad, ben lijstje aan het maken, er zijn nog 2 mensen die een soortgelijk project aan het doen zijn, en dus ook soortgelijke spullen nodig hebben.

Alles bij elkaar is makkelijker bestellen ;)

@flip; It takes some creativity but it can be done :)
Pusher fans in the front WILL give you more space in the enginebay, unless you mount the IC like a 'real' FMIC, but that will give you other kinds of clearance issues.

PM gehad, ben lijstje aan het maken, er zijn nog 2 mensen die een soortgelijk project aan het doen zijn, en dus ook soortgelijke spullen nodig hebben.

Alles bij elkaar is makkelijker bestellen ;)

@flip; It takes some creativity but it can be done :)
Pusher fans in the front WILL give you more space in the enginebay, unless you mount the IC like a 'real' FMIC, but that will give you other kinds of clearance issues.
Alright then ;-)

Hoeveel kosten de krukas, drijfstanglagers, kopbouten en vliegwielbouten bij jou eigenlijk? :-P Had daar nog geen prijs van ;-) Ik hoor het wel! :)

Ja, ik wilde die efans eigenlijk niet voor de IC, heb het gevoel dat het behoorlijk wat luchtstroom tegenhoudt.. maar anders moet ik iets anders zoeken.
Als ik sander was zou ik een orginele proberen te plaatsen. Lijkt me de beste oplossing.

Verder mooi dat het blok er uit is! Goed bezig!

Took the engine apart a bit more today:

Vandaag nog wat geknutselt :D

Vanochtend begroette dit mij toen ik de schuurdeur open deed:

dsc03219k.jpg

The local toolsupply stores didn't have a crankpouliblockingdevice or whatever you call it so I had to make one T-bricks style from stuff I had laying around:

dsc03243.jpg

dsc03244kzd.jpg

dsc03249f.jpg

dsc03262.jpg

dsc03266q.jpg

Still looks pretty good for 285.000km :) The edge you see is just carbon, it has no edge you can feel, so I measured the cilinders. All of them are 96.00mm in diameter! :)

dsc03267q.jpg

dsc03268.jpg

Back